Houzz Logo Print
nhammeral

Master Bedroom Windows/Shades Advice Needed

nhammeral
hace 9 años
I am considering closing off the window above the bed in my master bedroom. It is a picture (non functioning) window and the view is to our neighbors house so it needs to be covered with a shade for privacy. Because of it's size (60 inches wide by 22 inches long), I am limited to custom shades only and I am having trouble deciding on a shade based on the little samples they provide. Also, I am planning on putting curtains on the 4 windows on the other side of the room (on the right, left and middle and will keep them open all the time) and I think it may look odd to have curtains on one side of the room but not on this window? I was hoping to avoid having to put curtains on the picture window. I used to have curtains previously and it seemed to close the room in.
Does anyone have thoughts or opinions on this? Should I close up the window (and then put some kind of art above the bed)? Or just go with shades and curtains for all windows and leave it as is?

Comentarios (13)

• nhammeral
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    BTW I took that picture with the panoramic feature of my cell phone so it looks a bit choppy.
  • Another Thyme
    hace 9 años
    What about adding an insert to the picture window and no curtains or blinds? Real or faux stained glass in neutral colours, maybe bamboo shoots design, comes to mind.
    nhammeral agradeció a Another Thyme
  • Craig CraigMDesigns
    hace 9 años
    I like the idea of a custom leaded glass insert but I'd keep it colorless and classic with a simple design either antique style or more modern. It would balance the windows and add sparkle and light and a focal point and leave your curtain choices for the other windows wide open.
    nhammeral agradeció a Craig CraigMDesigns
  • nhammeral
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks. I had looked at some window films but didn't see anything I liked. I like the idea of using a glass insert. Can you suggest where I would look for something like that?
  • nhammeral
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Does anyone have recommendations of a glass insert for the window above the bed? TIA!
  • plemme
    hace 9 años
    Stained glass is usually in an art gallery, google local stained glass artist. They can custom make the size and design you'd like.
  • everdebz
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Hi. Wonder if you can find canvas with enough depth to go over trim:
    Ocean Calm Print · Más información

Yosemite YD110317A Fall Vision I Wall Art · Más información
  • everdebz
    hace 9 años
    your look is a bit modern?
    Metal Wall Art Decor Abstract Contemporary Modern Sculpture - Radiance Silver · Más información
  • PRO
    ResCom Designs
    hace 9 años
    What about a mirror to cover the window
  • PRO
    Shades IN Place
    hace 9 años
    I like the idea of closing the wall behind the bed. Also decorative drapes would finish off the room.
  • sootsprite
    hace 9 años
    The window looks tall enough, I would put in 2-3" shutters and do the curtains as planned. Windows in the same room do not need to have the same window treatments, especially when the windows are so different from each other.
    http://houzz.com/photos/15414876
  • sootsprite
    hace 9 años
    Thinking a bit out of the box (at least out of the room), would a hurricane shutter outside give you enough privacy? The shutters can be lowered as far down as you want.
    http://houzz.com/photos/57072
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.