Houzz Logo Print
jenctc

Overhead kitchen cupboards heights to ceiling

jenctc
hace 9 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

Hi. Our kitchen has 2.7m ceilings and i like the look of the kitchen overhead cupboards going to the ceiling rather than to a bulkhead but i think this would mean our cupboards would be 1.1m tall - i think this would look too tall?? Does anyone have any cupboards this tall they can show me? thanks

Comentarios (7)

• Neetie
    hace 9 años
    Yes yes yes do go all the way up! I have just done this and everyone has commented on what a great decision that was - however it would depend on the size and proportion of your kitchen. Mine is an open plan with island and fairly small given its a townhouse so cupboards to ceiling was the right decision for the space.
    Sorry don't have a pic yet but will take one for you - do you have a photo of your space?
    jenctc agradeció a Neetie
  • mldesign0401
    hace 9 años
    Tall overhead doors are quite striking, and I think they always look great.
    However if your kitchen is very modern the horizontal, elongated overhead cabinets are more suited. Modern kitchens emphasize horizontal plane, extending the perimeter and exaggerating bench space. Vertical heit is lowered to your eye line where possible, giving there space above a sense of open-ness and lift.
    Contemporary on the other hand allow for these tall doors, and will bridge the gap between a classic new style kitchen with a more traditional one with elements of profiled doors or classic finishes and stone etc.
    jenctc agradeció a mldesign0401
  • jenctc
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    thanks for your comments i'm still dilemmaring! would love to see any pics of overhead cupboards 1.1m or similar to get an idea of how it looks! thanks
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 9 años

Picked from Houzz to give you some ideas

Crisp & Clean · Más información

Laurelhurst Kitchen · Más información

• suzineedsahouse
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    I just looked through a home beautiful mag (this month's). Page 50 I think....a few pages of cupboards to the ceiling. Pop down to the local newsagent and have a look.
  • olldroo
    hace 9 años
    I think you need to consider if you have cornices in the room. If you do, you may need to put a small bulkhead to attach a cornice as per the first photo ASV posted. If you have no cornices, then you can go all the way as shown in her second photo. Either way will look fine, but you need to be consistent with your ceiling line around the room and in any open adjoining area.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.