Houzz Logo Print
caity9494

Comfy and stylish??

caity9494
hace 9 años
I have been looking for a couch that is comfortable, reasonably priced, and stylish. It's not going well. I love the modern boxy look but those couches are rarely cuddle up comfy. My boyfriend is stuck on comfort and doesn't understand my desire for design. I'm sure he would be okay with a compromise like I get my modern couch and he can have his recliner (or even better a loveseat recliner) but I'm wondering if there is a way to make the two look good together. I have attached a picture of the couch I want and the recliner hasn't been picked out but I'm imagining a big plush dark brown recliner made out of some soft material. Can the two look good in the same room?

Comentarios (9)

• btydrvn
    hace 9 años
    How about recliner in cream leather...manly comfortable and modern
  • caity9494
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    As soon as I posted this I did think about a leather recliner looking nice with the micro velvet.
  • zazfuzzroc
    hace 9 años
    I'm not sure, but I'm loving that couch. I would find a way. lol :)
  • km kane
    hace 9 años
    That sofa doesn't look comfortable. Why would you even think of buying any piece of furniture that isn't comfortable? You can get design AND comfort.
  • PRO
    Edifice
    hace 9 años
    This is a great sofa. Ill always choose design over comfort. If youre on the couch enough comforts an issue then you're sitting to much ;) Id find a eames chair, see if he likes the feel, then you can keep the Midcentury style. A big recliner is going to look so heavy with this sofa, thats a lot of fat furniture. Might consider a faboulous wing back chair. Ive seen many that recline. Fab couch
  • magada
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Unless you want to just look at it rather than sit in it then of course comfort is the priority, not design.
    Anyhow with the vast amount of choices available there is absolutely no need to choose between the two, and your choice looks to me pretty snuggable as well as smart.

If you want a happy BF let him have his comfort.
    And ask yourself if you want to exist or just be seen to exist.

Not all recliners are bulky :
    Holly & Martin Parrish Leather Recliner Chair and Ottoman in Taupe · Más información
  • PRO
    Edifice
    hace 9 años
    Google image for mid century recliner or art deco. The eams chair is made as a recliner and super comfortable. Vintage restored will be amazing comfort because how the cushions are stuffed. But that will give you an idea of styles so you can sharpen your eye. Id then check craigslist. Look under by owner and then by dealer. Such a stately couch needs a complimentry piece. Be sad to pair it with american standard style.
  • partim
    hace 9 años
    Doesn't look comfortable to me. Arms are too high to rest your forearms. Cushions look like hard foam. Cylindrical cushions, I think, are meant to go along the sides, not the back.

You can find a couch that is stylish and more comfortable.

Lazy Boy has good looking recliners.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.