Houzz Logo Print
remodelwithus

POLL: Black or white cabinets in a kitchen?

What do you think looks better in the kitchen- black or white cabinets?

VOTE and tell us below!
Black Cabinets
White Cabinets

Comentarios (19)

• zazfuzzroc
    hace 9 años
    I have a hard time choosing. White can be bright and refreshing, but black can be sexy and sleek. Don't ask me to choose. LOL :)
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a zazfuzzroc
  • User
    hace 9 años
    Love them both! The black feels more sophisticated and modern. The white one feels more relaxed and has a retro feel.
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a User
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Black - looks more sophisticated.
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    hace 9 años
    Wow! its a tie...but it makes me wonder did the pros pick the black? Cuz I certainly did!
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    hace 9 años
    white just feels so clean!
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a Shakuff
  • bungalowmo
    hace 9 años
    Sorry, but using those 2 photos to make a decision....I don't care for either.

1st one....until I zoomed in, it looked like that back wall was painted black. While I DO like black accents in a room, something about this one just doesn't make ma go "OOH!" That brownish/taupish island doesn't really go with anything in that kitchen, I'd have taken that out.

Not every kitchen has to have one.....

2nd pic...if I had white cabinets, I wouldn't also have white appliances. Too stark. No contrast. Add the white countertop with it....just kind of blah. The only color is the tile, which I would prefer in a black or white. Paint is easy to change out...when you tire of green tile, that can be an expensive re-do.
  • KaTrina LeeBaldwin
    hace 9 años
    I think you cannot go wrong with either. I personally prefer both. I have white/glass shaker cabinets and a black island.
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a KaTrina LeeBaldwin
  • PRO
    FurreverYours
    hace 9 años
    Black cabinets do go well with stainless steel appliances. However playing with different accent colors is easier with white cabinets.#BeSeenBeSafe
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a FurreverYours
  • PRO
    Eskandari Stone
    hace 9 años
    I love white cabinets. They look bright and beautiful.
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a Eskandari Stone
  • PRO
    Donco Designs
    hace 9 años
    Based on the two photos above the black cabinets look much more sleek and custom. The photo of the white cabinets just does not look as appealing, especially since the refrigerator looks awkward in the space. Whereas the refrigerator with the black cabinets looks more built in. Also, one photo gives you a more wider view of the kitchen and one photo is more of a close up shot. This also makes one photo look more appealing than the other.
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a Donco Designs
  • kec2013
    hace 9 años
    I vote for cream. I had the painter match my Wedgewood China cream color and always get compliments. I have a black coffee table and always thought I had a pretty dust free home. I like the coffee table, but would hate the thought of black cabinets with sun shinning on them.
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a kec2013
  • loreshep
    hace 9 años
    White has a clean look - until it's not clean. Then it looks awful! Speaking from experience! I have cream and its a nightmare!
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a loreshep
  • PRO
    River Valley Cabinet Works
    hace 9 años
    I don't like cabinets painted in any color.
  • funkycamper
    hace 9 años
    Neither
  • PRO
    DL Cabinetry Inc.
    hace 9 años
    They are both good looking. However, I think the color you pick need to depend on your kitchen size. If you got a big size kitchen, both of cabinets are good. Or, if you got a small size kitchen, the dark color will make your kitchen look more smaller than it is.
    Custom Design & Construction agradeció a DL Cabinetry Inc.
  • User
    hace 9 años
    Do the back cabinets white and the island black. This seems to be a trend that some people are into lately. Solves your problem of picking!
  • User
    hace 9 años
    i re-read the original question and it asked "What do you think looks better in the kitchen- black or white cabinets?" Right away I took it to mean ANY kitchen, not just the ones pictured. If that is the case my vote was for white cabinets. They are brighter and cleaner looking. I have had dark cabinets and while they may initially appear to be clean, they show fingerprints, smudges etc. They also made my kitchen too dark overall.
  • derk5
    hace 9 años

Neither white nor black cabinets. Black is too dark; white is too stark. Much prefer the warmth of natural wood cabinets (preferably Shaker style) in a medium-tone stain with a neutral-colored backsplash.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.