Houzz Logo Print
iveehill

What kind of window treatments!?

iveehill
hace 9 años
I am looking for ideas for window treatments that won't interrupt the view or take away from the height of the ceiling. Any ideas? (this is a photo from the prior owner)

Comentarios (19)

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    hace 9 años
    I would use a motorized Roman shade or a motorized top down/bottom up Honeycomb for your windows.
    iveehill agradeció a Cinar Interiors, Inc.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    hace 9 años
    i wouldn't use anything. whats there can be pulled down if need be....i would probably re arrange the room tho. if you want new ones get sea grass...they dont need to motorized?!
    iveehill agradeció a flair lighting
  • iveehill
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks for the ideas. We will definitely be placing our furniture in a different configuration. This was the prior owner's stuff, and I just used their picture.
  • flopsycat1
    hace 9 años
    Are you looking for privacy, light control or esthetics? I think it looks nice without any window covering. A photo with your own furniture would help to determine the style of the room.
    iveehill agradeció a flopsycat1
  • Dar Eckert
    hace 9 años
    Shutters? I agree it doesn't look like you need any window covering at all as it looks like you overlook trees.
    iveehill agradeció a Dar Eckert
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    hace 9 años
    hmmm.......would you open and close them everyday then becomes the question. the only reason i can see, is if you are a tv watcher and get sun glare.
    iveehill agradeció a flair lighting
  • chirpingfrog
    hace 9 años
    If it were mine I'd probably add decorative panels...not to function and cover the windows just to add some umph! and get some vertical movement in the space.... just enough to cover the separators and an inch or so on either side.
    iveehill agradeció a chirpingfrog
  • iveehill
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I am looking for aesthetics and minimal light control only. There is absolute privacy so I'm not very concerned with that. I will post a photo when we get our furniture moved in. Thanks everyone!
  • Dar Eckert
    hace 9 años
    Here's another thought. Sheers all the way around.
    Luigi Rosselli Architects - Balcony Over Bronte · Más información
    iveehill agradeció a Dar Eckert
  • printesa
    hace 9 años
    If you need privacy, then I would use Roman or roller shades. Otherwise, I would have sheers from one end to the other
    iveehill agradeció a printesa
  • Shelly Gebert
    hace 9 años
    Here's a picture of what we did. We never close them but they could if needed. (This room is in transition so disregard the lack of furniture).
    iveehill agradeció a Shelly Gebert
  • Angel 18432
    hace 9 años
    Nice but too many drapes. I would remove the centre two and just have side panels.
  • PRO
    Made in the Shade Blinds and More!
    hace 9 años
    I think fabric roman shades would look nice. You could even mount them above the window so the stack doesn't get in the way of your wonderful view! It would help accentuate the vaulted ceiling.
    iveehill agradeció a Made in the Shade Blinds and More!
  • printesa
    hace 9 años
    Speaking of Roman shades, those of you who know fabric, which one is the best, meaning doesn't looks all wrinkled once the shades are lowered?
  • linlac
    hace 9 años
    Solar shades block the glare but let you see through.
  • PRO
    Made in the Shade Blinds and More!
    hace 9 años
    In response to printesa's question...most "decorator's fabrics" work well for roman shades but the most important thing is in the fabrication of the shades. Horizons makes a great roman shade with hidden support rods that keep the folds crisp and neat. Go to www.horizonshades.com to find a dealer near you.
  • printesa
    hace 9 años
    Thank you for the info. I will look into this and see what's close by. It's difficult to find something more modern in my area..everyone is into traditional style. I had a hard time convincing a pro that I don't want all those beads and thick rods
  • PRO
    Jarret Yoshida Design
    hace 9 años
    Depends on your budget and decorating goal. We've done white wood blinds in a similar case and it looked really fresh
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.