Houzz Logo Print
beljoa

How can I brighten up my black and white kitchen?

beljoa
hace 9 años
I have a classic black and white kitchen and I am looking to brighten it up with a bright splash back and 1 colourful appliance. I originally thought an orange Kitchenaid and maybe Orange splash back but now I'm not so sure. I live in The UK and the closest Kitchenaid colour I can get to orange is tangerine which doesn't work at all. I have tried at least 5 other colours ice blue, pistachio green, apple candy red, frosted pearl which all don't seem to work with my white cabinets and black workshops. Now I am desperate. I still haven't chosen my splash back as I am not sure my original colour scheme will work. Any ideas will be fab. T

Comentarios (12)

• Maureen
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Not sure if you can get a Viking (or perhaps another brand has this bird egg blue color). I think it would look really nice and just be sure to select a tile that has that shade + black and white. Or you could just keep black appliances and have lots of color in your backsplash. houzz=
    Contemporary Gas Ranges And Electric Ranges · Más información
    ];[houzz=
    Eclectic Wall And Floor Tile · Más información
    ]
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 9 años
    I think the mixer you have is a fabulous color and I would work with that.
    [houzz=
    London Bay Homes Custom Home - Private Residence #2 · Más información
    [houzz=
    Grant Penthouse · Más información
    [houzz=
    Rhode Island Beach House · Más información
    ]
  • PRO
    Designing Homemaker
    hace 9 años
    I have a beautiful result in my own house from raising the cabinets and including a country-style shelf that runs underneath them all for attractive things I use that work with the color scheme, and I bright cheerfulness is maintained with a white tile backsplash in a more ornate pattern that isn't overwhelming because of the light color. Looking at your mixer and stye, it looks like you love a country cottage style with a little modern stainless steel so the right art over the sink would be beautiful. Here is a photo of my kitchen and a beautiful chest I stripped and re-designed/painted for an area that needed something opposite the kitchen table..
  • PRO
    Julia Mack Design, LLC
    hace 9 años
    I suggest selecting a neutral tile or stone (either manmade or natural) as a backsplash then adding the color in accessories like your mixer, teapot, dish towels; things that can be changed out as color trends come and go.
  • PRO
    Designing Homemaker
    hace 9 años
    ..and P.S. black and white is classy! You just need a few accessories with the right pops of color, and some nice pattern in a backsplash! :-)
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    hace 9 años
    heres an idea, add some glass front doors, put your color in there and around, and go with shiny white tile work. also add some stainless or white floating shelves over the sink area, for more charm.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    hace 9 años
    what about glass subway tiles, that are coke bottle color?
  • beljoa
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thanks. Maybe a few more pictures will help. I like the idea of painting the walls same colour as the back splash but not sure which colour of backsplash to go for. I'm a little afraid that white tiles will make it too sanitary. I still have the ice blue mixer but I also have this stainless steel one (present ) which I have tried and I think it looks too bland in the kitchen.
  • daniellemmercer
    hace 9 años
    My kitchen is basically the same as yours. I have marble backsplash and the walls are a light blue.
  • beljoa
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I love all the ideas especially for the glass doors and colour on the shelves so they show but don't take over the kitchen. Thanks so much all.
  • beljoa
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    @Design homemaker, your kitchen is beautiful and you are right, I do love a country cottage feel and I can't do without stainless steel appliances. Thanks loads the ideas.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.