Houzz Logo Print
seghi26

Help finishing my formal "piano" room

seghi26
hace 9 años
Here's what I have so far (in pics). I'm stumped on these other aspects:
1. What sort of chairs do I put on the empty side of room? I love patterned chairs but am not sure I could pull it off with the large graphic rug.
2. Do I need a coffee table in front of loveseat or would that make the room too busy?
3. What sort of lighting? (Orchid won't stay on the side table.. was just playing around with to see what height lamp I think I'll need...)
4. I want to do long drapes that pool on the floor for a dramatic effect. Should I stick with all white so I don't compete with the rug? Or is there a cool pattern I could do?
5. Any other advice? I don't want the room to look too drab.. but I love the calm monochromatic gray schemes.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Comentarios (7)

• Angel 18432
    hace 9 años
    I would move the table from in front of the window and pull the piano out from the corner so it kind of in the bay. You need shutters on the window. Put sofa facing bay window, between the arches.
  • PRO
    NJ-Stage 2 Style Home Staging & Redesigner
    hace 9 años
    Hope this helps just a thought I really can't see the color but as far as scaling the furniture to the room here it is. You want to make the room where family & guest can gather and sit. I would put the couch in front of the window not right on top of the window. Then I would place two armchairs to the right and the left of the room facing the window. If you don't want a coffee table you can put an otterman in the middle and then place some accessories on it. This will create a warm inviting feeling. I am a true believe of lamps they add a warmth to a room & complete it as well. Target has beautiful end tables, I bought two of them in silver love them. I attached a photo. Its a great room, not sure where to put the piano..lol..post pics good luck
  • mcbriec
    hace 9 años
    The room currently feels unbalanced with the large dark piano and the sofa on the same side of the room. In order to provide a counterweight to the piano and couch, it might be nice to put two armchairs in a darker pattern on the wall diagonally across from the piano (where the glass console table and orchid are). You could use similarly-patterned pillows on the white couch to tie the chairs and couch together.

IMHO, rooms should always be functional so end tables or coffee tables should be there for people listening to the concerts. Given the dark weight of the piano, I would consider darker end tables and/or a coffee table.
  • Angel 18432
    hace 9 años
    Just to confirm that I meant for the sofa to be on he carpet, not blocking the room.
  • Lisa M.
    hace 9 años
    Hi!! Pretty room!! I would play around with your pieces..... The piano and the sofa on the same side of the wall feels and looks to heavy for the space. I like the piano where it is, maybe try to pull it out of the corner and more in front of the window. It would be nice for someone playing the piano to be able to see outside while playing... Can the sofa go on the opposite side of the wall where the little table is?? 2 chairs opposite that would be pretty. Grey would be pretty. If u would like to do a pattern, I would recommend one with a smaller scale, so not to compete with the large pattern on your rug! Good luck!!
  • mfwolfe
    hace 9 años
    Is there another room that needs a sofa? I think the sofa, piano, and bench are too much in this room. Pull the piano out from the wall so that it is nearer the windows. Yes, to the drapes on the windows. Nice look and good for acoustics. Personally not too crazy about "pooling" but it would be dramatic. It is a hard look to get really right, tho.
    For seating put two related chairs on each side of the room with an end table with lamp between each set of chairs. A monochromatic look is peaceful but color in the chairs would add warmth.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.