Houzz Logo Print
djcj

How should we tile our bathroom?

djcj
hace 9 años
We are investing in a rather expensive wall tile (Minka by Sonoma Tilemakers) and are having trouble deciding which walls to tile. See photos. Thank you for any advice you can offer!! Happy building.

Comentarios (11)

• djcj
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Should the Minka tile only go on the back wall with the window, as a feature wall, or should it wrap around to both side walls as well?
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    hace 9 años
    Is that a sunken tub? Are you replacing light fixtures, sinks, cabinets, mirrors? Is there any other part to the bathroom..pictures of other walls? You are talking about the tile, but what about the entire room.
  • PRO
    Kansas City NARI
    hace 9 años
    Really up to your liking. It would look nice all the way up to the ceiling though!
    djcj agradeció a Kansas City NARI
  • djcj
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Yes! It is a sunken tub, but will soon be replaced with a freestanding IOS tub from Albert and Victoria. The whole room is going to be remodeled!
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    hace 9 años
    I would tile all three sides..and to the ceiling...maybe add crown molding first?? Personally, I would probably run my floor tile up the walls there because the space is quite small and the continuous pattern and material would enlarge the space visually. Maybe laid in a herringbone pattern.
    djcj agradeció a Barbara Griffith Designs
  • groveraxle
    hace 9 años
    Is this the tile?
  • djcj
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Yes it is! Although we are going with a 1"x1" or a 1/2 x 1/2 tile.
  • groveraxle
    hace 9 años
    I would do all three surrounding walls to the ceiling.
    IOS Bathtub · Más información
    djcj agradeció a groveraxle
  • djcj
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Larger, as In the 1"x1", or even bigger?
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    hace 9 años
    A lot bigger.
    djcj agradeció a Barbara Griffith Designs
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.