Houzz Logo Print
atbyratby

what insures the drawers are always closed and not a trip hazard?

atbyratby
hace 9 años
Camperdown House · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• rjm1006
    hace 9 años
    Okay, how about spring-loaded drawers so the you have to hold it open with one hand, reach in with the other to get whatever, and when you're done, the drawer closes on its own?
  • User
    hace 9 años
    I can see that my initial thought has created a lot of questions and creative solutions for the idea that not all soft self closing drawers function as planned. In this particular space it would be imperative that the drawer closes completely for the next person coming down the steps who may have a blocked view ( think a load of clothes or equipment in arms) who will be guessing that the lip of that step is in the same spot it's always been in and steps accordingly towards it. I would like to believe my teens are conscientious enough to be sure the drawer has fully retracted for the safety of the next person walking up or down the stairs, but since I know them I realize I need a certain backup assurance for the drawers in order to relieve any (right or wrong) perception of a critical detail that ensures safety.
  • User
    hace 9 años

"Spring loaded" sounds good to me; I just didn't think the original construction for these drawers took into account my concerns stated above and while I think it's a great idea, I just have to look for all the "bumps in the road" before investing in a tear out and retrofit such as this one. Finding a "drawback" afterwards has always been my weakness. I'm working on that....

• PRO
    Alethea Von Interiors LLC
    hace 8 años

Love the idea, in spite of safety concerns, which, I think, can be resolved. Was the staircase & riser drawers a new build or were the drawers a retrofit? Which professional did you use to fabricate and install the drawers: the stair maker, a carpenter, a cabinetry maker, or other? It doesn't look like all the risers in the run are drawers.

• nonshan
    hace 8 años

what is the drawer handle you use here?

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.