Houzz Logo Print
catrine36

Has the blue stone been sealed?

Catherine
hace 12 años
I have blue stone on the side yard and its not this pretty - has it been sealed? And so, do you have to seal it yearly?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Koreman Landscape Company
    hace 12 años
    This blue stone looks as if it was recently installed. When a I client requests blue stone, I am always sure to let them know that blue stone is very high maintenace which often makes it cost prohibitive.
  • PRO
    Notting Hill Gardens | Design Build Construction
    hace 11 años
    This is select bluestone - which means I handpick each and every piece. The way this is cut from the mountain it is stronger and each piece is min 1 3/4 in thick. I have patios installed more than 20 yrs old and zero maint. Where if from pallet its much thinner and tends to shave off during frost and thaw cycles.
  • PRO
    Casa Blanca Tile & Stone Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Casa Blanca Tile (Harrison NY) can provide a variety of natural slate in various sizes, Cleft, Tumbled or Honed and Mosaic's.
  • lilyred
    hace 8 años

Hello, Notting Hill Gardens: Your outdoor spaces, gardens, patios....all...match my aesthetic choices and I only wish you were closer...and I was paid more! I do have a small question about the Pennsylvania blue stone. I've long been a fan of it, and we had a local mason install it on our single front step. While carefully power-washing it with my homeowner's electric unit, a small piece from a raised area popped off. I was very distressed! The step is shaded for most of the day and gets greenish. What is the proper way to clean it and, if I install a larger patio of the blue stone, would I need to seal it or protect it in some other way? Thank you so much for your time in answering my question.

• Stevie
    hace 3 años

Greenish sounds like the start of mold. Stone should be power washed, gently, once a year. Just water with a power washer works. The stone consists of layers and sometimes "peals" in a spot. no worries, adds to the charm. If you choose to seal it you will have to repeat. We choose to keep it almost maintenance free by not sealing it. It always looks prettier when wet as most stone will. Beautiful choice

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.