Comentarios (19)

• PRO
    Mason Miller Architect
    hace 12 años
    They are custom made by a local cabinet shop
  • PRO
    Bentley Design
    hace 12 años
    The beautiful shelves are a really nice touch, we used sapele shelves with a natural cherry on a hutch that we built recently. The client loved it.
  • O W
    hace 11 años
    What type of wood are these shelves?
  • PRO
    Mason Miller Architect
    hace 11 años
    They are walnut
  • O W
    hace 11 años
    Thanks they look awesome!
  • PRO
    RDesign
    hace 11 años
    What is the name of the Cabinet Shop?
  • PRO
    Mason Miller Architect
    hace 11 años
    RDesign: QKC in San Francisco built them. JR's woodworks in Santa Rosa built the rest of the built ins.

Omarwandera: Thanks!
  • PRO
    RDesign
    hace 11 años
    Hi Mason,

I just called them and they said that they didn't do this job. Was there another shop that you used? Or is there a specific person to talk to at QKC?

Katie
  • PRO
    Mason Miller Architect
    hace 11 años
    Hi, sorry for the very late reply...QKC made them - the person I dealt with there moved out of SF...
    I'm sure any cab shop can make these for you. Of course, I would ask to see samples first.

Thanks,Mason
  • PRO
    RDesign
    hace 11 años
    Thanks Mason,

I ended up building my own! They turned out great. The black walnut is beautiful. Thanks!
    If you need any made in San Francisco my design build firm has the process dialed.

http://katie-rdesign.tumblr.com/

Thanks again,

Katie
  • beanthehairstylist
    hace 11 años
    how did you install them? I don't see any brackets!!! Thanks, Bean
  • PRO
    RDesign
    hace 11 años
    You can get self mounting brackets that mount to the studs or you can use all thread rods in the studs. Here is what my design firm did for a recent job...

http://www.r-designworks.com/portfolio_mississippistreet.html

Katie
    katie@r-designworks.com
  • PRO
    Mason Miller Architect
    hace 11 años
    Hi Bean, we used rods bolted directly to the studs. This was a down to the studs remodel so it was fairly straightforward. Mason
  • beanthehairstylist
    hace 11 años
    Thanks, but, my husband tells me I can't do that. Is there any other way to put them up without brackets on an already built home? Thanks, bean
  • PRO
    Mason Miller Architect
    hace 11 años
    Bean, I think to do it right and have it look good at the end of the day, you'll want to have a carpenter or a custom cabinet shop do your project. There is really nothing on the market, that I have seen at least, which makes this possible.
    That being said, there are lots of ways you could do this if you are very handy and have the right tools and lots of patience: I've seen people attach a horizontal support to the studs for the length of shelf and then dado out a section of the shelf and then screw vertically into the horizontal support. I'm not sure how much load you could put on the shelves in this scenario tho...sorry, this probably doesn't help you too much!
  • beanthehairstylist
    hace 11 años
    Thanks anyways, we will find a way. Not looking to put anything on it other than spices. It's really just for show. Bean
  • PRO
    customfloatingshelves.com
    hace 10 años
    Love walnut and white. Nice work!
  • MIchele Norris
    hace 4 años

What is the shelf depth?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.