Houzz Logo Print
kirsten_moroney

Bedroom: Carpet or wood?

Kirsten Moroney
hace 9 años
I'm planning on re-decorating my bedroom before the end of the year and was wondering if it's better to have a carpet or wooden flooring in a bedroom. I currently have a cream coloured carpet but in the past I have had a wood flooring. Which one creates the illusion of more space or do neither of them? Is one more practical than the other?
Carpet
Wood

Comentarios (16)

• Karin Madgwick
    hace 9 años
    I have wood throughout my home softened by rugs. I would never go back to carpet
  • User
    hace 9 años
    I agree with OnePlan, my wooden bedroom floor makes my room seem so much more spacious. If you have under floor heating, that is a dream, if not, make sure you get a nice large rug otherwise it can be quite chilly to get out of bed in the morning on to the cold floor.
  • PRO
    Button & Sprung
    hace 9 años
    I much prefer the look of a wooden floor in the bedroom with lovely big rug. Sometimes however I think it can make the bedroom quite cold and the thought of a cosy, plush carpet is much more appealing!
  • PRO
    Spotdeco
    hace 9 años
    I love the wooden flooring in my bedroom -- it's easier to keep clean, opens up the room, looks great with almost any colour paint on your walls and is very versatile :).
  • Tony McIntyre
    hace 9 años
    I prefer the look of a wooden floor, but voted for carpet because it's more comfortable on your feet!
  • PRO
    IQ Allied American Industries ltd
    hace 9 años
    Definitely any hard flooring, bamboo, etc
    Having been a floor layer many years ago, I have conceded hard flooring more practical.
  • PRO
    Naken Interiors
    hace 9 años
    Wood flooring looks good and is practical, and carpet is warm and cozy. Have the best of both worlds with nice wood flooring and a lovely big rug.
  • Gemma Smith
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    I agree! Wooden floors and cosy rugs are the way to go. I like this!
    philpots court · Más información
  • Georgie Akin-Smith
    hace 9 años
    I also agree, I have wooden floors with rugs. It means you can have the best of both worlds!
  • Luisa Rollenhagen
    hace 9 años
    I'll have to echo what many other commenters have been saying: wooden floors and rugs! A classy, timeless look (plus you can easily switch it up by getting a different type of rug)
  • PRO
    Horwich Carpets & Interiors
    hace 8 años

I personally like the warmth of a carpet under my foot, but there certainly is something classy about a quality wooden floor in a bedroom, it just a shame to cover it with a huge rug.

www.horwichcarpets.co.uk

• PRO
    Riviera Home UK
    hace 7 años

its warm and sustainable.

• Marta TL
    hace 7 años

I vote for a good quality wooden floor - easier to keep clean and far more durable! Whilst carpets bring warmth to a room and keep your feet cosy that's nothing a few beautiful rugs can't do! I have one strategically placed by my side of the bed so that I step on something nice and soft first thing every morning! Something like this (I wish!)

Transitional Bedroom · Más información

• PRO
    Floor 2 Door
    hace 7 años

We find our clients Love the modern feel of engineered wood in their bedrooms with a nice shaggy rug for comfort! Easy to clean, easy to maintain!

• Saifi Carpenter contractor
    hace 7 años
    I vote for a good quality carpet your foot relief
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.