Houzz Logo Print
agnuss03

Exterior Update Immediately

agnuss03
hace 9 años
What are some inexpensive ways to update the exterior of this house. There are two different colors of brick, and looking to add more curb appeal but on a budget? Any ideas?

Comentarios (8)

• apple_pie_order
    hace 9 años
    Are you the new owner or the seller?
    agnuss03 agradeció a apple_pie_order
  • PRO
    Drummond House co.
    hace 9 años
    I would suggest painting the whole house one color to unify it. If you need a new roof I would make it a darker color so that the building doesn't seem to float. I t will give it some definition. Paint the front door a really welcoming color. Paint the screen door as well so that it appears as one unit. I have just use a product called Hydromousse (www.hydromousse.com) for my lawn. It is easy and inexpensive. Get a very, very large pot - could be plastic looking terra cotta and plant and plant an evergreen or boxwood in it.
    If it is boxwood you can keep it trimmed into a large ball (look up topiary on the web to see how evergreens and plants can be trimmed). Put this pot and large green plant on the left of garage doors. The garage doors should be painted a darker color like the shutters. So as an example if the house is painted a taupe color with a deep red front door and dark grey or Charleston green shutters and garage door. Hope some of these ideas help.
    agnuss03 agradeció a Drummond House co.
  • PRO
    PPF.
    hace 9 años
    What is "on a budget"?
  • PRO
    Old House Guy LLC
    hace 9 años
    Black roof, neutral paint color to match the brick mortar. New garage door. Landscaping.
  • PRO
    Old House Guy LLC
    hace 9 años
    Black roof, neutral paint color to match the brick mortar. New garage door. Landscaping.
  • Rina
    hace 9 años
    I think you could point up the inherently dramatic shape of the house by using a darker version of the colour of the dark brick -- use matched paint and brick stain as below. A greige for the lighter colour, and a very light version of that will draw the eye to the front door as it will be surrounded by dark walls. A path will help with that. New house numbers near the front door, new modern lights on each side of the garage. Paint the down pipes to match the walls they stand against.

You don't need the shutters. Those three windows look great without them.

Then I'd suggest getting pro help in for landscaping. A beautiful front garden will make a stunning difference.
    agnuss03 agradeció a Rina
  • PRO
    Grown Solutions
    hace 9 años
    Install some Hanging Garden Trellises from grownsolutions.com in front of bare brick areas.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.