Houzz Logo Print
krissytoon

Roller Shades Outside Mount: On the trim or above the trim??

krissytoon
hace 9 años
Hi guys,

We've had three different window covering companies give us totally different advice. We have two windows that need an outside mount, and we aren't sure if we should mount the shade on the window trim or above it. Any thoughts? The house is very contemporary with clean lines. (We did not choose the brown windows.....they were already here when we bought the house and too expensive to replace).

I've included pictures of both the windows.

Thanks!

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Pyramid Design Group Architects
    hace 9 años
    Mount shade on hte wood trim not the wall.
    krissytoon agradeció a Pyramid Design Group Architects
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    hace 9 años
    Agreeing.
  • PRO
    Creatively Yours Custom Inc.
    hace 9 años
    If the shades are for privacy, keep in mind the view that comes around the side of a shade. If your frame is wide enough, the angle of view will be cut down. I like to be sure I have at least 3 inches of frame that I can cover with the shade to be sure of privacy. Mount on the frame if you can and take note of what you can see from the sides of the shades.
  • PRO
    Custom Professional Remodeling, Inc
    hace 8 años
    Inside mount always better. Clean line look!
  • PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    hace 8 años

You gotta go inside mount. Either on the trim/ casing or above will not look very finished. Good Luck

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.