akcorcoran

Built-in water/ice dispenser in a fridge vs a hot/cold water dispenser by sink?

akcorcoran
hace 12 años
última modificación:hace 12 años
After 20 years of having NO built in ice maker, I've been dying for a water/ice dispenser built-in to my fridge/freezer door. And, I was hoping to achieve the dream when we do our remodel of our kitchen.

BUT... lately, I've heard nothing but complaints about that. A) It breaks first, B) It creates a mess (inevitably spilling - we have two tween kids), C) It takes up room.

I've seen the little dispensers that provide cold or hot water by sinks. Do people recommend this instead?

We are going to put in a full ice-maker in our wet bar during the remodel. Can put the cold / hot dispenser there - or by the kitchen sink - or we are putting in an island that has a sink in it and could put it there (nothing else in the island).

Thoughts / Recommendations? Thanks!

Comentarios (7)

• akcorcoran
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    Última modificación: hace 12 años
    I should add that we are doing a traditional kitchen with stainless appliances, similar to the one in the photo below.
  • akcorcoran
    Autor original
    hace 12 años
    That said, we are drawn towards full-size fridge and freezers which typically do not have the built-in ice maker / water dispenser. Something like the size and scale below:
  • Michael Brooks
    hace 6 años

What did you ultimately choose and how do you like it? What brand appliances, specifically the full size fridge and the built in ice maker? My wife and I will be building a home soon and are facing the same decision.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    hace 6 años

I have water at the sink - love it! I use it to fill the kettle for tea as well... I am not of fan of water and ice in the ref. because I was in a home once where it was leaking just slightly for a very log time and we didn't know. Once it finally let go ( no one was home ) everything got soaked and come to find out our subfloor was rotten underneath.... never again....

• PRO
    Jessie Surber Design
    hace 3 años

@mamadada. How do you like your glass filler?

• mamadada
    hace 3 años

Love it and EVERYONE does too. We change the filter every 6 months, usually Easter and Halloween right before two large events we have for both. Easy for me to remember that way. Saves a lot of grabbing for water bottles. That picture is horrible! It was during us moving back in to the house. Yuk!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.