Houzz Logo Print
shammer007

Need some ideas to make this stone we put on our house to stand out.

shammer007
hace 9 años
We recently put sienna dry stack stone on the house to replace some old brick, now was looking for some ideas to add color to the house. We are not planning on siding until next year.

Comentarios (17)

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 9 años
    It stands out fine. When you're ready to paint look for tones that complement the stone. Here's an article about shutters if you're considering them.
    http://www.lifeofanarchitect.com/residential-architecture-101-shutters/
    shammer007 agradeció a decoenthusiaste
  • PRO
    Sagent Builders
    hace 9 años
    When you are ready to do the siding have them add corner boards and four inch trim around the windows and doors. The little it will cost you to add the trim you will get 10 fold back in design.
    Good Luck!
    shammer007 agradeció a Sagent Builders
  • judithkristen
    hace 9 años
    It would look more beautiful if the outside of the home were more neutral making look like it fit the color scope instead of something added on. It kind of clashes with the stark white.
    shammer007 agradeció a judithkristen
  • MarleneM
    hace 9 años
    Agree with wider trim suggestion. A colour like this would be good with the stone.
    [houzz=
    Roosevelt Spec House · Más información
    ]
    shammer007 agradeció a MarleneM
  • judithkristen
    hace 9 años
    just be careful not to make the exterior become too busy.. The line of the siding, the stone and shutters is already a lot to have going on.. Keeping things simple in all decor is usual the best to enhance the environment.
    shammer007 agradeció a judithkristen
  • rocketjcat
    hace 9 años
    The stone looks really nice! If you're thinking about shutters, i think i would only put them on the 2 right windows. The window above the stone is not appropriate for shutters, plus they would balance out the darker stone on the front of the house.
    shammer007 agradeció a rocketjcat
  • Stacey
    hace 9 años
    Your new stone looks really nice. Did you also update the chimney on roof? I would paint the door a dark green gray and add a tall pot of flowers.
    shammer007 agradeció a Stacey
  • PRO
    Bill Pearn Masonry
    hace 9 años
    Stain the sidewalk a nice light complimentary color that will go with the stone and the planned siding.
    shammer007 agradeció a Bill Pearn Masonry
  • AMN
    hace 9 años
    I like judithkristen's point about making sure it doesn't get too busy. A wider plank siding, similar to what you have now (just a little narrower), would probably be best than something super skinny.
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 9 años
    Paint your window trim in a shade to compliment it
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 9 años
    BM raccoon
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 9 años
    Take off the storm door and get nine light French door and paint it raccoon or something of your choice that is dark as well ,need to ground the house somehow,dark wood help,how about a nice lantern somewhere
  • Brandi Nash Hicks
    hace 9 años
    Oil rubbed bronze larger house numbers
  • PRO
    Earth, Turf & Blooms
    hace 9 años
    I would add corner trim boards on all corners and add stone to the left side of the front door .cute house
  • rocketjcat
    hace 9 años
    This was a post from summer 2014...I wonder what they ended up doing?
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 9 años
    Sigh....we may never know.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.