Houzz Logo Print
susan_pelusihall

Should I put a deck or patio in this space?

Susan Pelusi Hall
hace 9 años
This is a log house with the original steps and cement block that goes to the backyard. I want a space for a few chairs. It doesn't need to be large because we have a covered porch that runs the length of the front of our house. It needs to be dog friendly. I would prefer less steps. That is a bathroom window that you see in the picture. I also need ideas on building materials.

Comentarios (6)

• Curt D'Onofrio
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Deck or patio ? I say tomato and others may say to-may-toe. The point i'm trying to make is that a patio or deck can both look for your home. What would i do ? As a DIY'er I would add a deck since i'm well verse in carpentry than in patio installations
  • hatetoshop
    hace 9 años
    As Curt says, either would look good with your home. If you decide on a deck, don't use pressure treated wood for the decking as it contains chemicals -- definitely not dog friendly. Are you considering a raised deck? I wouldn't want to hide the lovely stone foundation.
    Trestlewood Outdoor · Más información

Lake Country Builders · Más información

Foxtail Residence · Más información
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    hace 9 años
    Our wood deck was preinstalled when we brought the house. It's painted non pressure treated wood. We luv it except the paint keeps peeling up in small places. For a more durable material you can look into composite boards (At least i'm hoping they are more durable...kind of pricey)
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 9 años
    We used pressure treated posts and cedar planks on ours has never bothered our dogs who practically live on the deck. But I think since you have a porch on the front I would go with a patio for some variety and not hide that lovely foundation. I might make it curved too.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.