atroxler

Jazz up my fireplace

atroxler
hace 9 años
How can I jazz this fireplace up? l was thinking some type of tile...help!

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    Carpet Broker Design Center
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    It would depend on what your focal point is. It appears that you have the opportunity for outlets there... so a tv or a nice picture could go there. Keep in mind, if you put a television there, that will be the focal point-not the fireplace. In order to gain a better visual effect, we recommend widening the legs out to the width of the stone (appears to be granite based on your photograph), and raising the mantle up to the outlet/light switch. We recommend using tile for this effect. It is beautiful and has a lot of potential! Good luck!
  • atroxler
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you for the advice. I thought about taking the whole mantel off, whst do you think?
  • PRO
    hace 9 años
    The mantle is a nice touch, it just doesn't sit high enough. What would you be replacing it with?
  • atroxler
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I don't have any idea. How would I raise that? Wouldn't I have to buy a brand new taller mantel?
  • Maureen
    hace 9 años
    I think an oversized mirror might do the trick.
    Contemporary Living Room · Más información
    Marble & Walnut · Más información
    Interiors · Más información
  • PRO
    Joseph Pastore Custom Carpentry & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Hello! This is only my opinion. I feel if you widen the mantle legs to the end of the granite slab, it will be to close to the window & door casing, but most of the time if you have the space it's the right way to do it. We build custom mantles all the time. The height of the mantle may be ok, but the legs should definitely be a little wider. It looks a little top heavy.
    Also the new mantle should be simple, not so ornate. Next, hang your TV. See how that looks & if you want to add tile, you can. Good Luck!
  • PRO
    Joseph Pastore Custom Carpentry & Remodeling Inc.
    hace 9 años
    I like the mantle in the upper right corner..
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    hace 9 años
    Agree that the mantle width needs to match the width of the stone, but it looks great in white, so don't change that. How about a great piece of art with sconce lighting? Art looks so much nicer over a fireplace than a television. The outlets are already in place, so they could be used to make your fireplace a beautiful focal point.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
  • groveraxle
    hace 9 años
    It would really help to see the rest of the room. If you can put the TV anyplace else, do. With a door right there, you have a traffic pattern to consider. I think you need to get your furniture arrangement set and know where the TV goes before you decide what to do with the fireplace.
  • atroxler
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    What does everyone think about taking the whole piece off, placing a TV over it and putting tile from floor to ceiling?
  • cabingirl13
    hace 9 años
    How about paint the wall where it sits- it would really pop then. It's not bad as is now...just disappears into the background.
  • PRO
    hace 9 años
    In response to your question, yes. You would have to buy a different mantle. The other thing you have to consider, which I believe was also mentioned above, is if you put the TV there, (depending on how the rest of the room is) you will have furniture there... which depending on what you choose, could look crowded and offset the room. Good luck!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.