Houzz Logo Print
mardon1234

Replacement windows vs. full tear outs

mardon1234
hace 9 años
We are in the process of putting an addition on our house. We keep going back and forth between the existing windows. Should we do replacement windows or do full tear outs. As a side note we are residing the whole house. Is it worth the extra money for the tear outs?

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Superior Windowland LLC
    hace 9 años
    Are the existing window frames in good shape? Tear out involves new inside/outside trim etc why do that if your windows are basically sound.
  • Maria Smith
    hace 9 años
    For our remodel we replaced, you can't tell the difference. To cut costs, the windows on the side of the house are vinyl in and out, a sound but less expensive type than the interior wood framed. We also changed the style of some at no extra charge. If it is important to you, make sure that you get your contractor to finish the interior with window sills, I was surprised that I was going to loose my sills with the replacement windows and had to ask for them with the new windows. We lived in our project as well, the window work was quick.
  • Erica
    hace 9 años
    I plan to do a tear out, but that is because the person who last remodeled my house didn't change the window sizes and they are all tiny. The house is on a lake and you can barely see it from any room in the house. More and bigger windows are required.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.