nicole_stover

Porcelain wood tile and laminate woode floors

Nicole Stover
hace 9 años
We are currently refinishing the first floor of our home. The kitchen and family room area are one large room. The majority of the downstairs floor will be a cherry finish laminate floor and we are considering a porcelain wood tile for the kitchen and family room. (The upstairs flooring, aside from the bathrooms, will be the same cherry finish laminate.) I want the kitchen and family room to have the same flooring so that it keeps the flow of the open space. Should I try to match the colors of the two floors or go with something that is more of a contrast? Thanks in advance!!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Dutchess County Tile
    hace 9 años
    I like the look of all one flooring
    Just my 2 cents
    Good luck
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    hace 9 años
    I would also prefer it to be one floor..but if not, they should be contrasting. If they are similar it will always look like it was a "patch" job.
  • PRO
    N.O.R,LLC
    hace 9 años
    I would stay with laminate specially for family room ,its cozy and warmer and ofcourse it depend on your home style.
  • PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    hace 9 años
    I love the porcelain tiles! Elegant and durable! You can warm it up, if you want with a rug. Go with contrasting colors.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.