Houzz Logo Print
bonnieanneryan

What should I hang on the wall above this cabinet?

bonnieanneryan
hace 9 años
This cabinet is at the end of a very small hallway leading from the garage. I don't want to put a large mirror there because I have a set of mirrors hanging past it on the wall to the right. Thanks!!

Comentarios (11)

• Patricia Phelps
    hace 9 años
    Possible a coat rack hooks.
    bonnieanneryan agradeció a Patricia Phelps
  • PRO
    User
    hace 9 años
    a tall and narrow piece of artwork would fit nicely there.
    bonnieanneryan agradeció a User
  • abbyjean
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    I would center that cabinet with the hallway area we see and then place the basket to the left of it. And yes, a tall narrow canvas. Or something made of wicker to go with the basket? Or metal even???
    bonnieanneryan agradeció a abbyjean
  • genn1985
    hace 9 años
    Skinny mirror
    bonnieanneryan agradeció a genn1985
  • bonnieanneryan
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thank you! A coat rack already hangs in the small room that connects the garage to this hallway so that would be overkill on coat racks, but a great idea! Abbyjean - great idea about switching the basket and cabinet and I like the wicker idea! Any examples? Genn - thank you! I prefer not to hang another mirror in that same space. Death by mirrors, IMO. LOL
  • bonnieanneryan
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I switched the cabinet and the basket and I like it a lot more! But I took a side view from the kitchen, where this hallway leads when you turn left, and it looks like I'm blocking off the walkway (even though there's plenty of room). Seems like I need to 86 the basket altogether, right? The reason it's there is because we have a bad habit of kicking off our shoes right when we come through from the garage and leaving them there. Instead of kissing the habit goodbye, I put a basket there, LOL. Thoughts?
  • abbyjean
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    I wondered if the basket was for gloves and hats or homework and now I know. I like the idea of shoes in a basket more than seeing them on the floor, and I think the basket looks fine, especially if there is room. Suppose it would not work to put the basket in the garage for the shoes?
  • bonnieanneryan
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I had a painted bunting print laying around so I just propped it up there to get your thoughts on size. Something taller/shorter than this? Obviously thinner. And not so white.
  • abbyjean
    hace 9 años
    About 2/3 the size of what it hangs over is always a good guideline. The height on this is good, though.
  • PRO
    Red Fox Design
    hace 9 años
    Congratulations. I love the picture, cabinet, and wire basket near the basket on the floor. Maybe something small made of natural fibers could replace the glass vase/bottle. I love the wire basket you chose. Patty of Red Fox Design
    bonnieanneryan agradeció a Red Fox Design
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.