udonindigo

Gap behind slide in gas range

hace 8 años
I bought a nice kitchenaid slide in range which I thought can be pushed all the way to the back. Due to the gas pipe and plug in the back thr range can't be pushed all the way to the back.

My contractor said that they can't cut the ceasor stone counter that thinner than 2". So he suggested using the metal filler.

Is he being honest?
Do you guys think this loon ok?

Comentarios (25)

• hace 8 años
    From the side
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

It's not that noticeable but really they should have cut a piece for you to match. It would be a separate piece that would be stuck to the counter on each side. A professional is able to install a piece like this and make it look like continuous with the countertop.

• hace 8 años

I have granite with a slide in range, and a strip of granite was cut to fit, definitely less than 2 inches. I don't know why they couldn't do it with a caesarstone, but why would he be lying? If I were you, I would call try to contact either the caesarstone people or other caesarstone dealers to see if that's true.

• hace 8 años
    Because my contractor has a track record of being lazy. He probably doesn't want to deal with the hassle.
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

Well, be sure to put that in any on-line review that you give him. People ought to be forewarned. Too bad you had to cope with him on your project.

• hace 8 años

Any of the quartz type materials can be cut very thin...if you have the materials, tools, and talent. So sorry your contractor is lazy.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

I've had the quartz installed behind the range, but kind of agree with nnigrt - not sure it looks any better. The stainless filler is made to go with the range and I think it just looks like part of the appliance.

• hace 8 años
    Great thanks.

There is still a little bit gap between the filler and the range ( as appeared in the picture) is that ok or should I ask for a bigger filler?
  • hace 8 años
    Última modificación: hace 8 años

i'd ask for a bigger filler if you think you could lose something back there. strange things happen sometimes, and a cap from a spice jar goes flying or something. you'd be a better judge than me though.

• hace 8 años
    Thanks.
    I'm speaking from a aesthetic point of view. Doe the gap bother u? Does it look "complete"?

I've become very picky through this process partly because of my lazy contractors. I need some unbiased opinion to tell me I'm not crazy:)
  • hace 8 años

oh i wouldnt worry about it visually at all.

udonindigo agradeció a Judy Mishkin
  • PRO
    hace 8 años

I honestly don't think it would be noticeable to someone seeing your kitchen anew. Sometimes in the midst of a remodel, it is easy to get caught up in the details and miss the whole. But it obviously bothers you and that's what's important. Ask your contractor for a new filler, but keep in mind nothing is going to fit like a glove. Here is a really clever idea - I am not exactly sure how this was done, but maybe your contractor has an idea. Good luck! BTW - your kitchen looks like it's lovely from what I can see.

Becoming Home: A Kitchen Tour · Más información

udonindigo agradeció a Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
  • hace 8 años

I think it's a matter of your personal preference. If you put quartz there, It would give the illusion that the range is a less formidable appliance. (Also the hassle of getting a lazy contractor to make a fix he doesn't want to do is not worth the hassle). I like the metal filler as it blends nicely with the wall and range. Makes a more permanent statement. I would however ask for a better measured piece. The little space that is left is not an issue, as it looks lovely. It's a matter of principle.

• PRO
    hace 8 años

I always run the backsplash down the wall behind a slide -in range and never had a filler put there .

• PRO
    hace 8 años

There should be no gap there where you can lose things. It really should be fixed. Was it the contractor who installed the counter or was it a stone fabricator? The fabricator should come back and install a properly sized strip. Hopefully there is a little scrap left from this job. Patricia, I'm finding it hard to imagine a backsplash thick enough that it would take up the three or so inches in question. The stove can't go further back because it has to fit at the front of the counter properly. They are made to fit against a slim section of countertop. Some, which don't have the raised section at the back edge, have a lip which tucks over the counter for a smooth three-sided transition with the countertop material. Regardless, in this case you have a gap which should NOT be there.

udonindigo agradeció a Cynthia Taylor-Luce
  • hace 8 años

On the other hand, I think the gas pipe and plug should have been moved first. Obviously the contractor didn't want to do that. I think though that it looks fine as it is as long as it is level with the cabinets fronts.

• hace 8 años
    I guess I am more picky than some because the gap was the first thing I noticed on your picture. There is no way I could leave it at that.
  • hace 5 años

I don't even see a gap, but I do see what appears to be a sloppy silicone caulk job. My question is what happens if you fill the space with countertop and then you buy a new stove someday? Does every different stove require a different size piece??? PITA

• PRO
    hace 5 años

" Does every different stove require a different size piece?"

Very often, and too many times homeowners forget to put the price of the required alterations into their new appliance budget.

• PRO
    hace 5 años

Was the stove in place the day the countertop was templated?

• hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Where can I buy the filler for my 36 inch range. Having the same trouble right now. Thanks for any leads.

• hace 5 años

Where did you purchase the metal strip you have now?

• hace 5 años

If the gas pipe was moved could you shove your stove back against the wall? The way you have it, does the stove stick out in front too far?

• PRO
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.