148 Publicaciones
amicus ha empezado una conversación
Follow up to my atypical ruptured appendix post - About 3 weeks ago, my appendix ruptured. I'd had discomfort from a very gassy feeling abdomen, constipation (which I'd assumed caused the tr... Leer más
    12 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
How the Vietnam War connected us, and a thank you - I've always been interested in the Vietnam War, because I went to school with several who served there. Although I'm Canadian, many students... Leer más
    22 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
Saw '9/11 The Falling Man.' (where do your ethics lie on this?) - Last night I watched a documentary about the now famous photo that captured a man's body, falling from the North tower of the World Trade Ce... Leer más
    36 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
My recent unexpected ER adventure - Last Wed. I got a slight stomach ache after eating a kind of rich lunch, so wasn't surprised. It faded out within a few hours, I had no othe... Leer más
    50 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
A question regarding eyeglass measurements - I've always bought my eyeglasses from local optical stores, as my eye doctor does not sell them in his clinic. However, they charge way more... Leer más
    17 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
Please do this little check each morning...wish I'd known - I just read lucille's thread re being vigilant about monitoring diabetes, and decided to pass on a health advisory of my own. A few months... Leer más
    12 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
Can someone explain this to me? - Today I went to a department store to purchase some bras. I chose 3, and was carrying them to the checkout line. But suddenly I remembered m... Leer más
    16 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
How do you pronounce these words? - A few weeks ago, while talking with my DD, I noticed that she and I pronounced something differently. The word is 'poor.' Do you say it like... Leer más
    43 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
What are your favourite songs to sing? - I am currently recovering from a surgery that I had 12 days ago. Thankfully, the pathology results were early Stage, contained, and with cle... Leer más
1 me gusta    33 comentarios
amicus ha empezado una conversación
Wondering if Covid-19 will stop any military conflicts? - The Spanish Flu pandemic began in Jan. 1918, but the First World War didn't end until Nov. of that year. So despite the horrific spread of d... Leer más
2 me gustas    10 comentarios
Mostrar más actualizaciones...