28 Publicaciones
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
question on soil temps - My concern in the raised bed last year was that it stayed too damp all summer. This year I added more peat and perlite, which so far seems t... Leer más
    1 comentario
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
Give up planting peppers in-ground? - My garden conditions are far from perfect. I get 6 hours of sun, tops. The raised bed soil mix I used from miracle-gro drained very poorly d... Leer más
1 me gusta    24 comentarios
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
Ready to give up on peppers in-ground... - My garden conditions are far from perfect. I get 6 hours of sun, tops. The raised bed soil mix I used from miracle-gro drained very poorly d... Leer más
    6 comentarios
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
Year old dehydrated habs... - Are these still safe to eat? Put them thru the dehydrator in October 2016, stored in plastic baggies in a dark cabinet.... Lousy crop this y... Leer más
    2 comentarios
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
late season bloom boost - I have a bunch of jalapenos and cayenne in the raised beds, using the miracle-gro raised bed mix. The mix was a disappointment in that the d... Leer más
    4 comentarios
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
Too much moisture in raised beds? - We have had a lot of rain this June. I dip my hand down 6-7" and it has been consistently damp. The habs dont seem to be developing qui... Leer más
    6 comentarios
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
Raised bed mix - something simple? - Hi all, I'm going the raised bed route this year after disappointing in-ground results last year. The bed is 14 ' x 4' x 8 " = 37.3 cub... Leer más
    4 comentarios
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
Drying / Dehydrating Peppers possibly exposed to frost - I just picked about 75 cayenne from my potted plants just now. We had a frost last night, I kept them in my shed, but I have no way of knowi... Leer más
    2 comentarios
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
Preserving Chili Powder - Just had a successful batch of hab powder made. How long will it last. Any botchulism worries in this stuff?
    5 comentarios
peps_22 ha empezado una conversación
Poblano Fruit Size - This is my first summer growing them, and its been interesting. The plant is HUGE - almost 7 feet tall, and it took all summer to set fruit,... Leer más
    13 comentarios
Mostrar más actualizaciones...