Off the list of five pool builders we have chosen to talk to at the beginning of the process, Pool Environments came back with the most incredible design and a promise of first class construction quality and the best experience of having a pool built.
They absolutely came through up to all our expectations and beyond. We've gotten a pool with the most beautiful design in the highest quality of construction. Here is just a list of the reasons why we give them 5 stars. (On the scale of 5, we'd like to give them a 10!)
1. Randy Angell, the greatest mind who has the unequal talent and with the most creative vision of style and taste. He was our designer and our salesperson (without throwing any sales pitches at us). He listened to our needs and wants, and took notes of our budget. Then he came back with a plan that is within our budget, with a design that is artistic, graceful, and of class! My husband, a creative design executive by profession, saw the plan at first sight and told Randy, "You are IT!", without even consulting me (the CFO of the house). Randy stayed with the project way into the process, making sure that the construction was done per plan. We were extremely impressed by the respect that people at PE have for each other. The owner and superintendent would consult Randy at important stage of the construction of the layout, making sure that the pool and the surrounding achieve the esthetics of the design. (Upon our sincere request, Randy graciously agreed to also provide us the landscape design with a very reasonable design fee.)
2. Construction was set to be finished in 8 weeks. It went as smoothly as it could with such a big project, and was completed on schedule. Tom Rozell, the owner of PE, was the superintendent for our pool. He holds the highest standards for the materials they use and the craftsmanship that goes with the pool building at every step. He came to the sites often (almost everyday) and early, made sure that everything was done right. With a great sense of humor that is unmatched, Tom made this project of two months seemed enjoyable and not long enough!
3. Nancy Price, the lady in charge of the scheduling, made the whole process as easy as possible for us. Every Friday, Nancy would email/call us to give us heads up of what to expect in the next week. Beside what they do with all their own contractors, she took all the names of the contractors we choose to use for the new fence, the landscape installation, and the solar pool heating system. She contacted all of them on our behalf, coordinated every scheduling as we sat back relaxed and watched this enormous project rolling smoothly in front of our eyes! Nancy is the greatest marionettes puppet master that keeps every part of the whole project going, untangled.
4. With such a huge undertaking in the mercy of the Texas weather, things did not always go as Nancy planned it to. When there was change because of the weather or other things, Nancy would call and apologize for the change, even when the ultimate schedule wasn't compromised. They would move certain things around to maintain the progress of the project, like doing things that can be done during the rain; moving things normally done after the gunite to before it, etc. While we are certainly sure that our pool wasn't the only project going on at the same time for PE, they sure made it feel like it was!
5. It was a very pleasant surprise for us to realize how neat and clean they keep the backyard clean through the entire project. Each team would clean after themselves every time they were here. Except for a few days because of the rain that made the yard muddy, we were able to use the yard for our dogs the whole two months!
6. The Pool School was a thoughtful and necessary education for us as first time pool owners! Mark was thorough, patient, professional, and friendly, just like everyone else from PE.
7. It has been such a wonderful experience, especially for me personally because I got to see how it was really done every step of the way. I have gained a lot of insight from watching the guys working, and have gained so much respect for everyone in the process. PE runs like a well lubricated machine! It was obvious that all the contractors they use have been with them for a long time. And each team knows the other's work really well. There were the excavator, the gunite people, the mason, the stone man, the electrician, the plumber, the decking guys, plaster people... How fascinating it was just looking at each set of their "toys" alone! I was genuinely amazed and pleasantly entertained at the same time. I shared my observations daily with my family, especially our two children, of how these men worked, ---constantly using tape measures, levelers, markers, --- even for the "simplest" thing like pouring the concrete. There is no "small" job in the world, only "small" men who don't appreciate the "small" things. PE people certainly took care of the every single finest details of the big pool. Everyone was not just building a pool, but truly creating a piece of art of its own put together at the end. The outcome speaks for itself of the kind of standard and artistry Pool Environments holds!
8. We feel very fortunate to have found Pool Environments. We feel that we have chosen a company that is run with respect for their customers, AND respect they have among themselves and for their contractors. We feel that PE is the kind of company that is going to be around as long as we own the pool and beyond. On the first day we met, we were given Randy's and Tom's cell phone numbers. By now, with the pool up and running, we have also been given Mark's number for the maintenance department. There were numerous times when we had to call with our (silly) questions after hour and on the weekends. We were always greeted with a friendly voice and no question from us was ever stupid for them. We know that PE is there for us.
9. Pool Environments has created a backyard haven for us! It is worth every single penny that we have put in for it! PE is not for everyone because of the kind of quality and standard that set their starting price high on the budget. However, if your budget allows, we highly recommend that you give them a call. Visit one of the pools they have built! You won't regret! We feel that we have not only gotten a beautiful pool, we have made many friends at Pool Environments who will be around to help us enjoy many years of pleasure around our pool.
10. This pool is the best investment we have made to ourselves. It has added great value to our quality life together for our family and with our friends.