The Pond House is an architect designed mid-century modern ranch home originally built in the 1964. One of the home’s many distinctive features is a porch that wraps the full length of the rear of the house, overlooking a beautiful pond. The current owners want to extend the enjoyment of this view year round, and asked us to present solutions for enclosing a portion of this porch. We proposed a small addition, carefully designed to complement this amazing house, which is built around a hexagonal floorplan with distinctive “flying gable” rooflines. The result is a stunning glass walled addition. The project also encompassed several complimentary upgrades to other parts of the house.
- Provide 4-season breakfast room with view of the pond.
- Tightly integrate the new structure into the existing design.
- Use sustainable, energy efficient building practices and materials.
- Dramatic, 1.5-story, glass walled breakfast room.
- Custom fabricated steel and glass exterior stairway.
- Soy-based spray foam insulation
- Standing seam galvalume “Cool Roof”.
- Pella Designer series windows