Houzz Logo Print
zindy10

What is the clearance between the stove and the island?

zindy10
hace 9 años
Contemporary Kitchen · Más información

Comentarios (7)

• zindy10
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Is that enough room do you think to also have people sit on that side? I am doing something very similar but want to make sure
  • PRO
    Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
    hace 9 años
    30"-36" is the standard.
  • zindy10
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    The standard if you have chairs all around?
  • PRO
    kmh design, inc.
    hace 9 años
    There are chairs on both sides of this island. The children use it to do homework while the parents cook so I think you would be fine. The stove is at one end of the island, not located in the center.
  • zindy10
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Thinking of doing this to my kitchen although I would get rid of my dining table and only have an island table to eat at. So you think that's a good move? Not sure if I would miss my table. Here are the plans. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. Thanks for your help!! I love your work!!
  • PRO
    kmh design, inc.
    hace 9 años
    That is a call only you can make. Think about how often you use your dining table and would you miss it. If you go with an island at counter height then be sure the stools are comfortable.
    If the island has no storage and is only being used to sit at then think about making it table height and out of a different material than the cabinets. Not knowing what the floor material is or the cabinet material/design it is hard for me to make a judgement call for you. Think about it and I am sure you will make the right decision.
    zindy10 agradeció a kmh design, inc.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.