Houzz Logo Print
cathlink

how do i tell the second year canes apart from the first-year?

cathlink
hace 9 años
The article says to prune back the canes that bore fruit this year. How do I ensure that I don't cut back the canes that will bear fruit next year? How do I tell them apart?
Thanks
CL
Brazelberries · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Bushel and Berry™
    hace 9 años
    Great question! The key thing to remember about Raspberry Shortcake is that it fruits on second year canes so it's important to maximize the number of canes. One easy way to is to just allow the plant to die back in the winter. Then as very early spring comes you'll start to see new growth shoots coming up from some of the dead-looking canes. Any chances that don't show signs of new growth are dead and can be pruned back to the ground. The remaining canes will fill out and fruit this year. The new shoots from the ground will be the canes for next year's fruit.
  • PRO
    Bushel and Berry™
    hace 9 años
    PS Here's a link to a page on our website with growing tips: http://brazelberries.com/growing-guide
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.