Houzz Logo Print
teresa_rae

Fake brick doesn't match real brick! What to replace fake brick with?

Teresa Rae
hace 10 años
Our contractor said, "it will match, and you won't even be able to tell the difference." WRONG. We're related to the contractor (mistake #1), so there's no way to get a do-over, and they don't even do this type of work any longer (I guess we were the guinea pig). We'll be hiring a different contractor, but aren't sure what to suggest to fix this. Can't extend the hardie board on down, because the fake brick texture doesn't leave enough depth to cover it flush with new hardie board, to match up with existing hardie board. Getting real brick to match existing brick is impossible. Replacing ALL brick on house is not affordable. Suggestions? I'm sure there's something out there we haven't thought of that would look great.

Comentarios (7)

• Teresa Rae
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I didn't find your earlier comment. Thank you for your attention. You don't think a third texture would be too much?
  • PRO
    Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    It's almost impossible to suggest a fix without seeing the rest of the house. At first look I'd say that picking a color which you can use in a couple of shades will help. Use a Gray, for instance, for the siding, another deeper shade for the doors and trim, and a third color for the brick. Break things up by using a couple of trees and add a large outdoor light to the wall above or on either side of the garage doors.
  • shelleyuk
    hace 10 años
    I would agree about brining another material in.

If you don't want to do that then it looks like you just need to bring the contrast down. Paint the area (including the mortar) with a very dilute whitewash solution or if you want to do it properly paint it with diluted natural yoghurt. The enzymes in the yoghurt will age the brick.
  • decorideas523
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I think stucco would look great. Keep it the same color as the board. It would also be easy to do over the brick.
  • suzanne_m
    hace 10 años
    Can you add vines or plants to hide the fake bricks?
  • PRO
    Eric E Flanders, AIA - Doyle Coffin Architecture
    hace 10 años
    You could paint it, for one. Not great. I think stucco over the brick would be a good option. I would do a darker taupe or brown to "ground" the base of the wall. If it was my house, I would rip that faux brick off & install vertical Hardi board siding in it's place. Again, with a darker color.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.