Houzz Logo Print
blmcgaw

Window Treatments

blmcgaw
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
I have just finished repainting our bedroom and am slowly piecing it back together with many changes in mind, but I am not sure how to tackle the window. As you can see, we already have blinds on the window, but I would really like to add drapery to soften the room. The problem arises with the fact that the window has very little space on the one side and is set right on the entry of the bathroom. Given that I don't need the drapes to offer privacy or light adjustment, I was planning on having them stationary, but have them offset to just the one side? So here is my series of questions: 1) Would that look off balance and weird? 2) Would you extend a rod all the way across (if I do only offset them to one side) or do only a half rod? 3) What weight of drapes should I do, based on the previous suggestions - more of a sheer or something more casual and heavier? 4) any other thoughts?

Here are the dimensions, in case that affects your thoughts...11.5" on the short side between the window and archway, 59" on the other side of the window to the wall, and the window spans a distance of 93".

Comentarios (3)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.