Houzz Logo Print
chirag_panchal

Before and After: Kitchen Remodel

Chirag P
hace 10 años
This kitchen was untouched for more than 20 years, with only some soft remodeling and the replacement of appliances. Finally in 2014 this major project was undertaken. I designed the new kitchen layout to have a much better flow, which included the demolition of a wall adjacent to the dining room to accommodate the addition of a granite island and the removal of an exterior door. Very happy to finally have this project complete leaving us with a more modern and spacious kitchen; something that is important to many Indian households who cook most meals at home.

Comentarios (57)

• houssaon
    hace 10 años
    The peninsula makes a great landing spot to load the refrigerator, so it is a toss up if the stove would be better switched to the other side. I bet you love this new space. It looks like you put a lot of thought into it and it looks very good!
  • PRO
    Elizabeth Verne Interiors
    hace 10 años
    As long as you have counter space on either side of oven and fridge, oven is right where it should be.
  • Sue Strauch
    hace 10 años
    Too dark for my taste, but a definite improvement.
  • Sharron Sinclair
    hace 10 años
    love it, but what happened to the door?
  • lovelyv
    hace 10 años
    and how did they relocate the air duct vent above the stove?
  • Sallie Cabrera
    hace 10 años
    well done! love it!
  • Shea Joy
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Ooooh, pretty. I hope they get some nice window coverings to go with the beautiful cabinets and counter. I like the angle of the peninsula. What an improvement the lighting is, too.
  • Cynthia Barela
    hace 10 años
    like how the backsplash coordinates.What materials were used?
  • PRO
    IN* D* Ex
    hace 10 años
    Well done.
  • Carol Yocom
    hace 10 años
    I feel like it needs under-cabinet lighting, although it may be there already but not turned on.
  • PRO
    Destin4 Interiors LLC
    hace 10 años
    Much better use of space, hopefully removing the door doesn't make bringing in the groceries a big deal. I only wish the ducts would've been reconfigured or hidden in the back of full height cabinets to eliminate the soffit.
  • giftslady
    hace 10 años
    love the colors...stove should be under cooktop - not by frig imo - agreed concern on door
  • Tony Bettencourt
    hace 10 años
    Boring....... and frankly quite ugly. Just my opinion.
  • Joan Hatch
    hace 10 años
    Warm and cosy looking! A nice glass of red wine while your cooking would look great on the counter!. Enjoy your new kitchen.
  • Jaime Stienecker
    hace 10 años
    I guess some peoples parents never taught them about courtesy. The new kitchen is much improved over the previous one. I'm sure many great memories will be created in this new space.
  • Charla Haggard
    hace 10 años
    Love the cabinets, new flooring, countertops, and lighting. Stainless steel dishwasher would have been nice, but really it is all very nice. Big improvement. Looks like a job well done.
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    hace 10 años
    Looks great!
  • Cheryl Lunetta
    hace 10 años
    Wow - nice improvement. We are doing same right now.....small minor improvements until we take on the undertaking of new cabinets, backsplash, counters & flooring!!
  • Jane Fowler
    hace 10 años
    Super!
  • Leslie Benfield
    hace 10 años
    Great job! Hope to do something similar someday.
  • babzie933
    hace 10 años
    Beautiful! You must love being in there now!
  • PRO
    Brenda Rishea, Decorating Consultant
    hace 10 años
    Excellent job! What did you use for flooring? Is it a laminate?
  • sherihoho
    hace 10 años
    Where did the door go?
  • Cheryl Duguay
    hace 10 años
    great transformation......what a beautiful addition to your home, HAPPY COOKING :-)
  • equicat
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    The after is beautiful but I have reservations about the refrigerator being right next to the oven. Is that not a problem?
  • tberry48
    hace 10 años
    I liked the white, but it doesn't make sense to have the oven right beside the entry door. And I like the hardwoods better too. Still, I'm partial to the white.
  • Leigh Ann Hughbanks Koksal
    hace 10 años
    Too dark, like the white better!
  • lorica
    hace 10 años
    Very nice! Love what you did with the soffit.
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    hace 10 años
    It looks wonderful! Using a lighter flooring and counters, contrasts nicely with the dark wood cabinets.
  • maryannfournier
    hace 10 años
    Here's another $75K kitchen renovation on which the owners, in today's market, will see $48K additional to the value of their house. You have to do a kitchen because you want it and understand you will not get your full costs back in return. If the lights aren't on, I think this space would be dark.
  • ltrochford
    hace 10 años
    My I ask about where cabinets came from? Very nice!!!
  • PRO
    WineRacks
    hace 10 años
    Looks great!
  • Pamela Langone
    hace 10 años
    Looks fantastic
  • Kris Nemitz
    hace 10 años
    How did you eliminate a door - do you move the door or do you have another way in, and where was that door leading to, the garage - just wondering how inconvenient it is to take the door out.
  • Susan
    hace 10 años
    Why all the haters...it is a more functional, beautiful makeover, to the owner's taste. It's not my taste either, but it is very well done. As one person said, it is a great transformation!
  • capecod1960
    hace 10 años
    Nice job. Would add some lights under the cabinets.
  • PRO
    Tufenkian Artisan Carpets
    hace 10 años
    What an amazing transformation of the space!
  • PRO
    Oasis Tile
    hace 10 años
    Looks beautiful, love the backsplash.
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    To everyone asking about the door-- it was removed and replaced with a picture window. We wanted to keep the sunlight coming in from the east. The door exited outside in front of the garage.
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @lovelyv - that air duct was closed since there is another one located directly above the sink. That same air duct line continues to rooms upstairs.
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @CynthiaBarela - backsplash is made of individual natural stone tiles that came in different shades (not sure exactly of the name). We then asked our contractor to do that pattern
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @Destin4 Interiors LLC - removing the door wasn't a big deal. We barely used it because a few years ago we built a door that creates access from the house into the garage. Unfortunately ducts could not be moved.
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @CharlaHaggard - thank you! We will definitely be looking to replace the dishwasher to stainless steel in the near future. Pretty easy to switch.
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @BrendaRisheaDecoratingConsultant - yes it's laminate wood flooring purchased from Costco
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @lorica - thank you! With the old ducting in the house, there was no way to get rid of the soffit without major costs involved. We decided to have it covered with the same cabinet color to make it look like it's one continuous cabinet.
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @maryannfournier - to be honest the cost of renovation was no where near $75K; even less than one-third of that. We definitely had a budget in mind and wanted to make it look as nice as possible without going too above and beyond.
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @ltrochford after much hesitation we actually picked Ikea cabinets. Definitely was not a fan of their service from start to finish but we are happy with the product.
  • Chirag P
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    @KrisNemitz - we rarely used that door to begin with because it's location was inconvenient. Another door was created a few years on the same wall which has access to the garage instead of in front of the garage.
  • Rick Medeiros
    hace 10 años
    Fantastic transformation!
  • PRO
    KD Painting
    hace 10 años
    New kitchen looks awesome. Great job!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.