Houzz Logo Print
marybruneau

Gardening query

Mary Bruneau
hace 10 años
What are the red flowers in the ground to the left and right of the steps?
Windsor Companies · Más información

Comentarios (3)

• carotx
    hace 10 años
    Look like impatiens to me. Someone else commented that they think they're double impatiens. You should be able to find impatiens at one of the big box stores or a local nursery. Plant them in the spring, after danger of freezing temps has ended. They're annuals, plant in the shade in the south (US).
    Mary Bruneau agradeció a carotx
  • Mary Bruneau
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I thought they were impatiens, but they are so prolific I questioned it. I live in Eastern Canada and my impatiens are never that large or as many blooms ,double or single variety. The danger of frost can be as late as the end of June, so I guess with such a short growing season they don't have the growing time or conditions to do so well here! Thanks so much for your quick response!
  • PRO
    Windsor Companies
    hace 10 años
    They were Impatiens, regular, taller variety, Super Elfin Red. However, downy mildew has hit the growers / nurseries pretty hard so impatiens are more difficult to find. We have substituted waxed begonia which has produced the same effect and even a bit more deer resistant.
    Mary Bruneau agradeció a Windsor Companies
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.