Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL: Favorite alternative to curtains?

Houzz Polls
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
What's your favorite alternative to having curtains?

Vote and tell us below! To win a pair of Houzz slippers, post a comment telling us what you currently have on your windows (photos welcomed too) and you will automatically be entered into the drawing.

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 3/9/2014. One winner will be drawn at random.

Comentarios (156)

• dianahagenau
    hace 10 años
    I like a clean, country look, so I like plantation shutters. They offer a great look, offer privacy, and are easy to clean!
  • JJ
    hace 10 años
    I voted metal screens based on the photos, but I've never seen them in person. I can see myself doing the bottle glass on a smaller square accent window I have that pours lots of natural light in over my staircase.
  • aebly1949
    hace 10 años
    I love wood blinds and roman shades depending on the room decor.
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    hace 10 años
    Patterned shades - but nothing too crazy! Just enough to make a statement, add some depth, and do its job. :)
  • PRO
    Sandra Alger, CID, Fresh Ideas by Sandy
    hace 10 años
    Plantation Shutters.....
  • Debbie Frazier
    hace 10 años
    Love the pattern shades. Currently I have the faux plantation blinds, but are hard to clean.
  • hasinajiwani
    hace 10 años
    If privacy is not a consideration as in my kitchen that is at the back of my house then just valances which pick up the colors from paintings, upholstry etc work very well.
  • bjcrookshank
    hace 10 años
    I have windows on each side of my fireplace. I have old stained glass transom windows hanging on chains in each window at the level the setting sun in summer. Privacy not a concern as these look out the back of the house to the pond.
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    Those roller shade patterns are amazing. Especially for smaller windows like above the kitchen dunk, in a small bathroom, or even for the laundry room.
  • Lorelei Bunjes
    hace 10 años
    I like frosted glass myself.
  • rosiew
    hace 10 años
    Reading all these comments has me committee to a decision on my wide bathroom window. I don't need privacy, but guests on my patio could look right in - simple patterned shades are probably the solution. Thanks everyone!!!
  • Peggy Havard
    hace 10 años
    LOVE, Plantation shutters….love, love, love, easy cleaning ..
  • PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    hace 10 años
    Patterned shades for me, which we currently have in BR
  • Pam Bohanon
    hace 10 años
    Plantation Shutters. See Gatorblindsandshutters.com
  • jacklinda
    hace 10 años
    Hunter Douglas has a new Shutter without the center post. Breath taking!
  • PRO
    Connie Brawders
    hace 10 años
    Ethnic Roller Shades! Wonderful play of pattern and mysterious "shadow" effect in geometric form to complement this space.
  • rapper53
    hace 10 años
    White wood blinds or plantation shutters
  • Todd Brown
    hace 10 años
    I love the fun and quirkyness of the Bottle Glass
  • michelesar
    hace 10 años
    I like the woven bamboo shades.
  • spendywoman
    hace 10 años
    I just love the ethnic roller shades & wish I could afford something like that. I live in an old, old house with 12 ft. ceilings and big long windows. These would be so elegant to have. I like to have as much light as possible.
  • sdmurbarger
    hace 10 años
    My kitchen curtains cover the bottom 2/3 of the widow. This allows full light in the room yet privacy.
  • PRO
    Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    I have panels on wrought iron rings. I love the ease of opening the drapes each morning!
  • Melinda Bazzelle
    hace 10 años
    I love the look of the metal screens which create such interesting light patterns in the room.
  • PRO
    Ridgeline Remodeling, LLC
    hace 10 años
    Plantation shutters are just so stylish, in my opinion. They can transform any room into a classy and interesting space.
  • Alice Costa-Sievert
    hace 10 años
    Nice roman shades in complimentary colors.
  • Momof5x
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I would definitely go for patterned roller shades, no point in having all those windows if you are going to permanently cover them...roller shades at least give you the option to have light come in when you want too, stop light coming in ( reflecting on TV for example) and gives privacy when needed. Stained glass is okay between rooms as a decorative element, on staircase windows that are slim.
  • momvsboys
    hace 10 años
    Plantation shutters. Had them in our old house, miss them.
  • Tricia Robinson
    hace 10 años
    I voted 'other'. I love blinds, verticle, horizontal, roman, shutters. All of these will be in our new build.... somewhere.
  • jtsaldana
    hace 10 años
    mrsaldana
    Front windows have white plantation shutters and back windows have nothing. We like clean lines so vote for the patterned shades for option of totally open or closed look.
  • joyce_6333
    hace 10 años
    Love my plantation shutters.
  • bethanne200000
    hace 10 años
    we have shutters, I'am in Florida & they keep the hot sun out & the cool nights that we have in the winter cold out. plus they are easy to take care of and look bright & clean all the time ..
  • granmajb
    hace 10 años
    I voted for awnings because it will the perfect solution for my new garden window, however, "Other" would be my choice for the rest of the house. I feel that the patterned panels cast too many patterns on floor, furniture, etc. detracting from the interior decor, so what my "other" would be is still undecided.
  • katsdesign
    hace 10 años
    I live in the south and the summer heat is at times unbearable, so I am currently shopping for window treatments for most of my south facing windows that will reduce glare, as well as, give a little privacy. I like some of the suggestions and ideas from others.
  • sunnie2day
    hace 10 años
    @Katsdesign - plantation shutters or blinds topped with a pretty valance and perhaps 'dressed' with side panels. Trust me. Lived in SW LA, SE AL, NW FL, Central FL (scorching! Steambath like!), and NW GA. Plantation shutters or blinds, topped and flanked with pretty fabrics - sanity and wallet savers! (Wallet savers because they reflect the heat away from the interior and you can still get light through the louvers - oh hey, that makes them sanity savers as well:)
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    hace 10 años
    CONGRATULATIONS TO @bayman33 for winning his very own pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this one, you still have time to get your comments into our Bathroom Perk Up Poll!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-how-would-you-perk-up-the-bathroom-dsvw-vd~883096
  • PRO
    CHICAGO MOSAICS
    hace 10 años
    Alison, I see you appreciate the arts and have a unique flair to you interiors. I would like to introduce you to Chicago Mosaics, I think you would enjoy the mosaic work that we do.
  • Jeanne McDermott
    hace 10 años
    Top right is suburb, the bottom 2 are gorgeous, just not my stlye
  • Sharon Richert
    hace 10 años
    Love these. What do you have for the equine enthusiasts ?
  • Sharon Richert
    hace 10 años
    If I am going to scrutinize a window treatment, I want to see how it plays off the whole room to be fair. That being said, the only one I can truthfully comment on is the bedroom. It complements the carpet and bedspread. The whole room comes together and is soothing to the eyes. You know you will sleep like a baby here.
  • mywhitstablehome
    hace 9 años
    Plantation shutters for the whole house. Second time I've opted for these as they tick all my boxes, light, privicy, cleaning, simple, blend with any decor.
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    hace 9 años
    Privacy patterns, Textured glass or plantation shutters!
  • glendadw
    hace 8 años

Wood blinds.

• Elsa
    hace 8 años
    Other. HD pirouettes - love them! Just hit the button and they go up or down, 1/2 way, open or closed. Some fabric or wood shades are nice too. We have those too.
  • { linda }
    hace 8 años

Simple. Romans, unfussy drapes in neutral, natural fabrics or shutters. Show off your art and books.

• lynneski81
    hace 8 años

I love plantation shutters

• Mikki Barker
    hace 8 años

Plantation shutters half height and stained glass above

• Kathryn Gomez
    hace 8 años

IKEA Kvartal Panels

• julesxoxo
    hace 8 años
    It would depend on your needs. Many of these options appear to be permanent. I like seeing out.
  • PRO
    Trendy Blinds & Closets
    hace 8 años

We sell these unique pleated style combi shades that give that soft look but are highly functional.

Combi Blinds - the most versatile roller shade · Más información

• PRO
    DC Studios LLC
    hace 8 años

I always opt for stained glass. Adds color, drama, beauty and class. Can be designed to match any décor or work with a vintage piece.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.