Houzz Logo Print
cgola001

New house/new kitchen

Nancy Dillon
hace 10 años
We're stuck with these Hampton square maple kitchen cabinets. We picked this granite. Which hardwood floor color should we choose? All stainless steel appliances.

Comentarios (29)

• Nancy Dillon
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Here's another picture of the cabinets. It's an open concept kitchen/living room.
  • Rachel H
    hace 10 años
    My pick would be the dark one on the left.
  • Conversaciones relacionadas

the last by Made 4 U

Q

(0) comentarios
    Welcome to our houzz page You recently bought a new house or flat and want to make it your home? Or did you get tired of your old furniture and want to try something new? We are professional in interior design and home refurbishment and glad to be of your assistance. Please find out here what we can offer to you and contact us for a first meeting.
    ...Ver más

New villa Design in Sitges, Barcelona

Q

(1) comentarios
    Lovely !
    ...Ver más

House in la Olivella, Barcelona.

Q

(0) comentarios
    This tradicional 70's house, with great mountain views in Olivella, Barcelona, needed an extension to benefit from the main side terrace on a plot with an important slope. We were asked to develop a full-scale refurbishment of this detached house located in la Olivella, Barcelona. This quiet residential area is surrounded by large groups of mature pine trees that give shelter to the villas below. The house had a challenging interior configuration. The main intervention we proposed has been this glass extension at the ground floor of the house to allow for a larger kitchen and dining space inviting the light to fill its interior spaces. Its roof has become at the same time a terrace for the new larger master bedroom above. #moderninteriors #interiorarchitecture #interiors #moderndesign #interiordesign #architectureinterior #sitges #design #furniture #furnituredesign #architecture #barcelona #vilanovailageltru #castelldefels #olivella #rardoarchitects mas fotos
    ...Ver más

Design Ideas for new apartment

Q

(1) comentarios
    Hello: To be able to advise in a professional way, plans or sketches with measurements are needed.
    ...Ver más
  • abbyjean
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    One of the darker ones would be a nice contrast with the wooden cabinets and it looks like a darker color is in the granite, too.
  • PRO
    MG Build Inc
    hace 10 años
    I would also suggest the dark one to the left, or go all the way, and choose the darkest (espresso coloured) - top right. The dark colour will bring out the wood texture of the cabinets, and offset the brightness of the stainless and granite.
  • Nancy Dillon
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Here is a closer picture. The house will be decorated as a coastal theme. Would you still go for the one on the left?
  • Nancy Dillon
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you so much for the responses! Back splash?
  • PRO
    Nile Johnson Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    The darkest flooring gets my vote also! As far as back-splash is concerned, I'd pick something that didn't have as much movement in it, as the counter does, that way both surfaces will work together well. Maybe look for something that pulls the darker elements in the counter top out as well.
  • Nancy Dillon
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Would it look incomplete without a backsplash? What kind of hardware? Going for a coastal theme:). Thanks again!
  • abbyjean
    hace 10 años
    Stainless hardware maybe? NO rules say there must be a backsplash.
  • PRO
    Nile Johnson Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    I'd definitely go with a back-splash. It helps give the kitchen a completed/designed look. As far as hardware goes, I'd probably look for something that complimented the appliances. Maybe a brushed nickel pull/knob. The style of hardware would be a little harder to determine without knowing what kind of coastal theme you are going for (i.e. Miami coastal, Malibu Coastal, New England Coastal, etc.) since they all have different styles and interpretations. However a classic bar pull is something that is timeless, and you can't go wrong with that. The thing to remember is not to overdo it with the hardware since there will be other elements in the space that are more (schematically/aesthetically) important.
  • Nancy Dillon
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    New England coastal. So no hardware is fine?
  • Carol Johnson
    hace 10 años
    Personally, I think it looks unfinished without hardware.
  • PRO
    MG Build Inc
    hace 10 años
    Hardware: I would recommend a brushed stainless/satin nickle. For Backsplash, I say a light gray, back painted glass tile/mosaic. As NILE JOHNSON INTERIOR DESIGN suggested, there is a lot of movement in the current countertop. I dont agree with going with a dark backsplash in this instance though considering the style you are trying to achieve, I think lighter is better.
  • anne dee
    hace 10 años
    Coastal beach kitchen posted
    light cabinets
    light wooden floors
    blue subway tile backsplash
    ref/inspiration pic
  • anne dee
    hace 10 años
    another coastal kitchen with light floors
  • Nancy Dillon
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Anne dee, thank you so much for the pictures. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't want to paint the cabinets and these cabinets were already ordered before we purchased the home.
  • Nancy Dillon
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    So you're saying go for the light colored hardwood floors?
  • anne dee
    hace 10 años
    I'm not asking you to paint the cabinets.gosh no!
    The pics were reference for light colored floors which would look very nice with your cabinets and granite counter tops.
    Don't you think the light coloured floors would make more of an impact.
    It will look beautiful!!
  • beattieboggs
    hace 10 años
    You may be able to go with the darker floor on the left if you totally lighten everything else up. Walls and any tiles. The coastal pic with the lighter wood floors shows no difference between the surfaces so a bit boring to be honest.

You could do a watery looking sea green glass tile backsplash or blue even. What is the color in with the granite. Can't see it clearly?
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Personally I like "something" to match/compliment something else. If you have light counter tops, light maple cabs and then dark floors it will feel disjointed. A lighter floor to "match" the maple cabinets OR a white/off-white floor to match the counter tops. But that doesn't seem to be an option. If you have 2 different wood colours and then a different coloured counter top, you will have reached the 3 colour limit in any given space (my personal...BTW). This means you will loose your options for colour elsewhere. If you have a tone on tone for cabs+floors OR floors+counter tops, you can then work with an entirely new colour for paint or back splash.

JMHO.
  • beattieboggs
    hace 10 años
    I had cabinets and wood floors that were the same color in my previous house. After moving in I painted the cabinets white and that made all the difference in the world. It went from boring and drab to wonderful. I prefer light wood floors which I am putting into my new house and installing white cabinets and doing my usual beach colors.

Am just saying that doing everything - floors and cabinets as the same color is really uninspiring. Of course, if that is something that someone else likes, then that is what they should have and enjoy.

Why not go with the one in the middle? Is the light floor oak?
  • PRO
    Julie Smart Koob, REALTOR
    hace 10 años
    Cgola, your cabinet finish and granite are very similar to what we recently installed. My thoughts, and I applied most of them to our redesign, the granite is busy enough that you need a very simple backsplash. We actually lived with the finished product for a year before we did the backsplash - took me a while to figure out what I wanted. Also, I agree with going ahead and picking out your hardware now. Not only does it give the kitchen a more finished look, it cuts down on fingerprints and dirt getting on the cabinet finish. For the floor, personally, I like the contrast with the espresso finish on the top right. If you are truly going for a coastal feel, and have some flexibility with your builder, you might think about a wood-look tile that comes in the white-wash finish. Just some thoughts...
  • beattieboggs
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Definitely feel it needs some contrast somewhere. Espresso would work too. Really like glass tiles as that is a watery look. If there is any color in the granite (like the blue in the photo Anne Dee submitted) or a pale sea green I would try to incorporate that in the tiles.

Any of that wood flooring could work but it goes from ho hum to fabulous in the impact scale. If the paler wood is oak, that would not be a good look with maple. Wood tiles are also a good option.
  • PRO
    Darla Scheuerman
    hace 10 años
    I would tile the kitchen and go with the lighter wood in your family room with a nice separation design line between kitchen and family room.
  • toomanywhitewalls
    hace 10 años
    I like the one in the middle. Medium tone. Dark shows so much dust and other stuff.
  • dog3mom
    hace 10 años
    I agree with the sea green or blue glass tile backsplash and even the light wood floor once I understand that you want a coastal look. My fam rm is coastal since we live on the coast and it is blue, white and coral. Cgola, your kitchen will be pretty and it will be timeless. Either dark or light floors will work. The light floors are probably better now that I think about it. It will be bright and pretty. Your granite looks like it is not too busy. I like granite for the wear and such but I do not like a lot of movement in it especially for my house. Had it. Didn't look right. China is built in, in kitchen and a large walk in pantry. also storage under the counter where stools are. Good luck and I hope you love your kitchen.
  • PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    hace 10 años
    The middle one, on my phone, seems to have reddish undertones that would limit wall color choices. The right near is too close to cabinet color and IMO net result would be boring.

I would use the same flooring everywhere not just in kitchen.

To me the espresso is too dark and will look dirty. My choice would be the dark plank on the left.

Would consider SW Ebbtide or Jetstream as wall color.
  • beattieboggs
    hace 10 años
    dog3mom, your kitchen looks beautiful and elegant. Well done. What countertop did you use and the wall color too please?
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.