Houzz Logo Print
mary_mickleboro

Help with window replacement

Mary Mickleboro
hace 10 años
I have stained windows and doors throughout my house. We have just moved here and I need to replace the windows. In some rooms I may keep the stained wood but in others it will be painted. I want to use a window consistent in color throughout. Do you think it will look weird to have beige windows with stained framing? This is the picture of the room that I will not paint the trim.

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Susan Berry Design, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Why beige rather than white? You'll need to watch the undertone colors in the beige. It can work, but in a room like this with a lot of existing stain that you intend to keep, I would use new windows that are the vinyl on the exterior and a stainable wood on the interior. In other rooms that do not have as much existing stain work, you could use the less expensive paint or vinyl finish windows. Your windows need to be consistent on the outside and consistent in any rooms that are open to each other, but in a room behind a door they can change.
  • PRO
    Trinette Dease - Interior Designer
    hace 10 años
    Actually, beige will lighten the look of your windows but you would have to carry out the look at least throughout the room if not throughout the house. But in the end, it all boils down to what you like. If all of your windows are not uniformed, and you think that may bother you, then don't go with beige. Continue with the stained wood windows.
  • PRO
    The Home Doctors Inc
    hace 10 años
    Susan is correct...you definitely need to keep consistency on the exterior preferably throughout your home. As Susan mentioned the interior look can be different in separate rooms. We have had great success with Marvin and Anderson clad windows. They are at a similar level of quality and engineering. Marvin just introduced a new range of interior woods and pre-staining. Marvin also has a great line of high quality insert replacement windows if thats the way you need to go. Check them out at http://www.marvin.com/
    Good luck on all your new home projects!
  • Mary Mickleboro
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Susan you asked why beige instead of white. I think white is so stark and I want something to blend. We are on a budget because there is a list very long of things to do. I want a maintenance free window both inside and outside. On the outside the windows will be beige or almond as well. I have seen rooms that contrast the wood to a color surface and I thought it freshened the look somewhat. I guess bottom line if it looks bad I will have to paint the wood. I could use the windows with the wood look interior but then I'm afraid I will want to change it in the future. So many decisions and so much room to make mistakes. Trinette I agree that it will freshen the look. Thanks for your help.
  • PRO
    Coastal Windows & Exteriors
    hace 10 años
    Vinyl window manufacturers make a laminated product that looks similar to those that you currently own. It will carry a lifetime warranty and zero future maintenance all while keeping the integrity and appearance of what you have currently. If you would like to see it go to http://mycoastalwindows.com/windows/types/, you will see all the window laminate options.
    Mary Mickleboro agradeció a Coastal Windows & Exteriors
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.