Houzz Logo Print
acholsteds

Glass showers

Christa Holsted
hace 10 años
What is the best product to clean your glass shower? I have a custom built shower and have been very unlucky on finding something to clean it with! All I have is spots!

Comentarios (24)

• PRO
    Galle Construction Inc
    hace 10 años
    Trick is to buy a small squeegee that you can leave in the shower and use immediately after each shower, this will limit the spotting.
  • ionespear
    hace 10 años
    I have posted the same sort of question but haven't seen a reply yet ;( I spend more time using the squeegee than I do showering, and the glass is still water stained, though it is not even a year old. I've tried every glass cleaner sold and have yet to get the shower glass clear. I will be looking for replies.
  • nancyann0277a
    hace 10 años
    Galle Construction Inc is right. We use a squeegee right after showering and glass stays beautiful and clear.
  • Richard Pike
    hace 10 años
    Squeegee right away or a mild white vinegar solution...it's enviro friendly1
  • heather_11
    hace 10 años
    It could be your water ? Maybe use a Cleaner especially designed for calcium build up not necessarily a shower cleaner
  • plainjanesmith
    hace 10 años
    My glass shower doesn't seem to spot - all I ever do is give it a really quick swipe with the squeegee. The installer told me the glass had a special finish to resist spotting. With previous glass doors, I had terrible spotting and I used white vinegar to clean them which worked great.
  • Christa Holsted
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Ok great! Thanks for all your help. I will get a squeegee and use a little white vinegar! Thanks again!
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Be careful with vinegar if you have natural stone in your shower because the acid will etch the stone. You should use rubbing alcohol as an alternative.
  • Christa Holsted
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Amy I'm glad you mentioned that because we stone on the shower floor. Is rubbing alcohol better then diluted vinegar?
  • User
    hace 10 años
    It will give you a streak free finish and it is ph neutral so it won't harm anything.
  • Christa Holsted
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Ok I will try it! Can you tell me just how to use it so I can get the best result?
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Put it in a squirt bottle and apply like windex. I buy the 90% and cut it with RO water. If you don't have good water, use the 70% at full strength. You should be able to get a gallon of it at a janitorial supply place, or liters at SAMs. I use it on my marble, mirrors, glass, stainless, ipad, etc. basically everything but wood and fabric.
  • Christa Holsted
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Great! Sounds easy enough! I will try it! Thanks again!
  • love2browse
    hace 10 años
    Try a couple of drops of Dawn (original) dish soap in a bucket of water.
  • jonathan3
    hace 10 años
    Nothing worked on our glass. It just looked terrible. When we remodeled, we put up a wall with just a small doorway, in a standard-sized shower. No more glass to clean.
  • swissmade22
    hace 10 años
    I bought a water repellent spray from an auto shop, it works like a miracle.
  • Jo Miller
    hace 10 años
    Do you have a water softener?? Maybe your water is too hard. Even if you have one, you can set it to make the water softer. That would help with spots.
  • jclindberg
    hace 10 años
    When the glass is squeaky clean, spray with Rain-X. It works the same as it does on your car's wind shield. The water just rolls off. If you need help getting the hard water spots off before you apply the Rain-X, Scrubbing Bubbles Extra power (the more expensive one with the cobalt blue spray top @ $4/can) works like magic!
  • Christa Holsted
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Ok I cleaned my glass really well, used a squeegee then I used rain x and looks amazing. The rain x is amazing! Looks brand new again! Thanks for all your help!
  • Jolene
    hace 10 años
    I clean mine and then wax them (with car wax). A razor blade can get some off too. Then always squeegee them. I would love a water softener some day to avoid spots.
  • Jolene
    hace 10 años
    Rain x works but the fumes get to me. Ventilate well if you use it.
  • PRO
    Shuler Architecture
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    We use something called 'Method Daily Shower':

http://methodhome.com/shop/daily-shower-spray/

No fumes and does a good job with a squeegee. You really do need to squeegee after every shower though.
  • PRO
    VIMANA
    hace 10 años
    Our family had a glass shower for many years. The trick is to use a small squeegee on the glass after each shower. Just before or after you dry yourself off. That really made the cleaning go a lot easier.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.