Houzz Logo Print
jessleighh

What color(s) to paint my kitchen/living room

jessleighh
hace 10 años
I have a high ceiling in my living room and it shares a wall with my kitchen. I'm wanting to paint the walls but I'm not sure what to do with the high ceilings and the attached wall. Thanks so much!

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    hace 10 años
    Consider painting the ceiling the same color as the walls but reduce the pigment by 50-75% for the ceiling. As for a color for the walls, if would be helpful to have a photo that included both the countertops and the flooring material.
  • jessleighh
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I never thought about painting them the same color, thanks! Here's a couple pictures for you. This is what we have right now we rented it before buying so it's all pretty standard/cheap tile and countertops. We are wanting to change the countertops eventually.
  • lefty47
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    HI -- With vaulted ceilings you should paint the walls and ceiling all the same color. Also paint any air vents the same too.
  • PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    hace 10 años
    Consider a yellow that has more green in it than blue. Alternatively, a green that is 75% of the green in the adjoining room with 25% of that for the ceiling.
  • PRO
    VIMANA
    hace 10 años
    ...And very rich looking cabinets. I LOVE the super thick counter tops. So nice.
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Interesting. In a dilemma that involves a high ceiling, I advise clients to paint the ceiling two shades darker. This will lower the ceiling visually .... If that is what you want.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.