Houzz Logo Print
achemeachi

Need help with curtine color!

Milly Vildozola
hace 10 años
Please help me to find the perfect curtine color for my livingroom, still not stand out as i wish, I'm gona star working on a big canvas for the wall, not sure wich color i should use

Comentarios (131)

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 10 años
    Yes, softer like the green in your painting. I see the whole room softer - lavender, pale frosty yellow, not gold, and a minty soft green for your accents.
  • PRO
    Cabinets & Designs
    hace 10 años
    Maybe a similar gray color as the couch? Just a thought.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I will love to keep the gold and add in addition some another color like the lemon green to bring more of the colors from the painting, to be honest i 'm not a fan of lavander
  • Mark
    hace 10 años
    achemeachi Your room was perfection. Don't start changing the accent colors now. Your an artist, adjust the yellow in the painting to coordinate more with the colors that you chose in the room already. Go back and see the painting I photshopped in for you that you did in small scale first and look how perfect the room was.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I like the pic you photoshop , like you say maybe i just need to dark a litle bit the yellow becouse my painting is closer to brigth yellows and greens than golds or earth tones, let see what i can do, thank you for your help ! With all this good suggestions i star to get confuse ;)
  • Kim
    hace 10 años
    Your room looks great! And your painting now looks like you have some gold in it....if you get the gold curtains, it should bring out the gold in your painting. And I like the original throw you had on the couch. I agree with Mark....don't change your designs. Looks great!
  • megen20
    hace 10 años
    Beautiful rooms ......
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you msperdie and megen20, i will order the yellow curtines and wait until everething is place before i do any adjust in the painting, is true, ones the curtines are in place the color will come out .
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    hace 10 años
    Hi achemeachi! Thank you so much for following me.....much appreciated! You have a really good sense of style and you're off to a great start in the dining room. The first thing I thought of was wallpaper. Subtle grey & white wallpaper would add visual interest without being overwhelming. If you choose a small pattern (like trellis) then I suggest installing it on all the walls. With a larger pattern (like the trees which is my favourite), I suggest installing it on just one accent wall. Not sure you can hang curtains but if so choose some with a pattern. If you're not keen on wallpaper, use your talent and create an oversized painting (see attached image) to make the wall a focal point. By the way, I don't find the grey chairs are too dark. You had good design sense in bringing in the colour from the couch so I wouldn't change them.
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    hace 10 años
    Just another thought.......don't worry about matching the yellows (curtains, pillows & painting) in the living room. You want to create a lived-in design (not staged) and having different shades of the same colour will create this.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you lydia, i love the wall paper idea, big pattern only in one wall in grey and white and the pattern curtines , very nice!
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    hace 10 años
    You're very welcome! As for your TV room.....the layout with the couch placed this way would be the best one so you can view the TV hanging on the opposite wall. To tie in the living room, I wouldn't add any yellow but rather I suggest picking up on the ethnic vibe you have going on (which I love!). This room should be casual and comfortable so have fun by adding lots of different textures and patterns with the carpet and pillows. Choose a carpet that will be the focal point. This is what I mean (mouse over image to enlarge):
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    hace 10 años
    Also, since this is the entertainment room it should be closed off somewhat. You could add shelving or panels to create a divider wall. This would also be an interesting design element. Here are some ideas:
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Great ideas lydia! One question, i plane to put yellow curtines in the livingroom, is ok to have another color curtines, rooms are toguether
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    hace 10 años
    Glad you like them! Your spaces are very inspirational. :)
    Having different curtains is fine as long as they compliment each other but it also depends on what makes you comfortable. Although the two rooms are open to each other they are two distinct spaces. That's why I suggested bringing in the ethnic vibe (which you already have in the living room) to tie them together without being too predictable (like having yellow curtains in both rooms). A wall divider would help in separating the two spaces.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    This is one of your desings lydia, i also like the colorfull idea with a litle more yellow
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you, i know what you mean and you are rigth, thats what a like about your designs, you are not predictable, very original!
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    hace 10 años
    I'm so glad you like my boho graffiti design! For your TV room, I chose a colourful rug to add some fun but stayed neutral with the other furnishings to keep in line with the other spaces. I wasn't sure you would like a more colourful design. I can certainly create some mock-ups for you that have this kind of vibe but I do think a room divider is needed to make it work.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Where is your idea to place the panels? Do you think can go nice in the space close to the door?
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Or here close to the hall
  • PRO
    Lydia (Kazza Design)
    hace 10 años
    I'm thinking both places would be good to create "walls" so the space is more defined.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Ok, great! Sounds like a plan, i like the white ones you show me, where i can find sometning like that?
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Go the print on that yellow and white pillow on sofa, for windows. Art go the grays and yellows, mix with black.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    For tv room
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Lydia look this room divider i found, something like that can be good for the space close to the hall
  • Pat Hager
    hace 10 años
    This room as a very calm feeling: my suggestion would be a custom solid linen drapery hung on modern dark rods with clips right at the ceiling. Perhaps as simple as the wall color?
    Milly Vildozola agradeció a Pat Hager
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    A new art for the diningroom just made, i think it will go better here in the kitchen wall rather above table, for that wall i planing wall paper or stencil .
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    This is a resolt after trying to retouch my original painting, i totaly have to change it becouse
    I Mess up trying to improve the yellow one, please i need your feed back, how it look now?
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Today my curtines arrived , the color is totally diferent than the pic plus my yellow painting is gone, this is how it look ...... i'm planing to paint this canvas again to the yellow i had before with a litle bit more gold, suits more my style all do this blue painting is not that bad but is like summer vs. Sunderstorm
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I have this idea for the new and last paint, eather i do the yellow again, as closes i can or this color inspiration, predominat color teal with yellow gold accents , style diseetress like the yellow one, for curtines maybe natural jute becouse the pretty yellow in real live is like green
  • Mark
    hace 10 años
    The painting is fine, I like the blue you added. Just add a some touches of the blue in your room and it will work beautifully. See pictures below where I added the blue into the room. The yellow in the curtain is not right but you can fix that easily.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thank you mark but this paint is not my style at all, is to serius and dark, i like brigth colors mix with earth tones( like the pic belonw) , don't you like the aqua palet, i dont mine to do it at all, that the cost of learning, remenber i 'm not a profetional
  • Mark
    hace 10 años
    My vote would be for you to add the yellow again as close to your original inspiration picture.
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I'm gona do a mook on paper of both, teal and yellow with a litle bit more gold on it , if you can photoshope again we will have a better picture
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Hi Mark, would you please photoshope this paintings in large scale , i send you this pic becouse is ligther, thank you for your help
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Here is one more
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    And i just found this pic, is excatly like my livingrron the only think diferent is the wall color, is beutiful, make the room moore warm, if you can photoshope this wall in my livingroom please!! Thank you for your hep!
  • tam1935
    hace 10 años
    @achemeachi your room is beautiful; Mark, where can I find the grey, gold and off white drapes you suggested in the beginning of this post?
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I can't find the gouze curtine in natural jute, i found this in west elm with dark grey print, if i add a border in sunshine yellow ? Or plane?
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Lydia i found this dividers on the store and this tv stand, how you like it for the familyroom?
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    I need help with curtines in dinnigroom , livingroom, tvroom, carpet and nigth table for tvroom, need to add another color beside yellow, what can you suggest ? I have this i mind
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    Frosting grey in curtines for livingroom
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I finally got this two curtines , yellow ikat and grey two tones dark than wall, tell me what you like it
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 9 años
    I finally decide for my curtines, this is how it look
  • vickicz
    hace 9 años
    Beautiful!!!
  • Kerrie Pennington-Roque
    hace 8 años

Does anyone (Mark) know the software or app used to put the curtains and art into the OPs photo, please?

• Kerrie Pennington-Roque
    hace 8 años

BTW, I LOVE the curtains you chose.

• Carol Welch
    hace 8 años
    Really glad you went with those curtains! They look beautiful in your room!
  • Milly Vildozola
    Autor original
    hace 8 años
    After waiting for so long i finally re done the painting for my livingroom wall
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.