Houzz Logo Print
pinky_champ

How to make home theater in family area?

pinky_champ
hace 10 años
Hello,
I need guidance how can I use this small space of family area as entertainment area? or should we cut down bit of the space from study room to increase the size of the area?? The study room also would be library and pooja room.

Comentarios (16)

• sunnydrew
    hace 10 años
    what is a pooja room???
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 10 años
    The Family / Sitting Room is too small for a 'proper' home theatre setup.
    pinky_champ agradeció a Dytecture
  • sunnydrew
    hace 10 años
    Thank you for explaining to me.
  • pinky_champ
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I do agree with the small size but need some solution to incorporate theater.
    We are happy to make study room small or even sacrificing it. I don't think sacrificing master bedroom will be good idea.
  • nechamaj
    hace 10 años
    Do you want a home theater, or is a tv room what you mean?
  • pinky_champ
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I'm interested in big screen projector or a TV what ever I can accommodate in this area.
  • PRO
    Tekkease
    hace 10 años
    In my professional opinion the room is in e smaller size as you had addressed so I would explore expanding the size of the room, particularly the depth. Based on the smaller size of the room I don't feel there is a need for a projector since most display manufacturers are manufacturing larger size displays. I would recommend a samsung 75" display.

Other things to consider for the room:
    1) all speakers including subwoofer should be in-ceiling/ in wall to keep the room with a clean look and not to take up floor space with cabinet speakers.
    2) need to consider using a closet somewhere to house the equipment for the room
    3) need to consider some form of control system to drive your componentry and keep your user experience easy and simple to use.

Tekkease is a technology design and consulting firm that specializes in custom theater design. Feel free to browse our Houzz page or reach out directly for more insight into the build out of the space.
  • PRO
    John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
    hace 10 años
    My direct experience in designing home theatres does not extend to the tech side, so I bow to others in that regard. however, I currently run my own music system from one iPod and the internet enabled TV planned for installation will take care of the visuals. So while many home theatres incorporate a lot of equipment, and one I designed housed a collection of classic vinyl records and original art, the practical considerations involve how many people will use the room at once and whether you envision individual seating or couch/bed type, and whether options such as screens emerging from furniture or ceilings are preferred over a wall mounted TV.

A 5' credenza with screen rising from it place to create a passageway would leave room for seating against the back and side walls.

My concerns are more about acoustics and multiple use of space adjoining study and sleeping areas. How will you actually use this space, pragmatically speaking?
  • PRO
    Tekkease
    hace 10 años
    I agree with Garden Oaks in regards to acoustics of the room. That is something that commonly over looked in our industry but become a big part of our business in creating well performing rooms. There are many ways to treat this area, but as mentioned having insight into how you intend to use the space, and if you have given any consideration as to budgets.
  • PRO
    Decor Team
    hace 10 años
    There does not seem to be a doorway on the stairs. This will let a lot of your sound out. if you are not wanting to put doors there you could get custom drapes hung over the windows, and the doorway to help with acoustics.
  • PRO
    Digital Home LLC
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    As I see it the current floor plans are not well suited for a traditional "Home Theater", the layout is more setup for a media room. You have a lot of open space here and it would be extremely difficult to properly treat this room from an acoustical perspective. The first thing we do before building any room is to do an acoustical analysis of the room itself. This will provide us where to place the reflective panels and the difusing/abosorbing panels. That being said, I understand your enthusiam for a theater room, I love the projector screen room setup. Have someone , a pro take a look at your space and provide an estimate based upon your current enviornment. Just take into account it will not be perfect, but I still think it can be well done. Consider getting a larger format TV, with a sound bar and surround speakers, with a great sub. I am pretty sure you will still get enjoyment
  • pinky_champ
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks Guys, we finally took your advises and decided to demolish a partition wall in order to make room larger...hopefully that will accommodate bigger projector or entertainment unit
  • PRO
    Tekkease
    hace 10 años
    best of luck!
  • PRO
    Digital Logic Systems
    hace 9 años
    A projector would really help give you the real theater feel. If you pair it with a black diamond screen you can leave the lights on and still enjoy the picture quality.

• PRO
    Kole Digital
    hace 9 años
    Check out our profile and feel free to contact us. Home Theaters are our specialty!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.