Houzz Logo Print
karenfaulkner

Blending polished chrome faucets with oil rubbed bronze door hardware

space re-dux
hace 10 años
I typically don't like mixing hardware finishes, but I have a client who wants to use oil rubbed bronze door hardware, but has selected polished chrome faucets for the bathrooms and kitchen.....
Any creative solutions out there?

Comentarios (8)

• Janet O'Meara
    hace 10 años
    I am going to do chrome faucets but not chrome knobs. My vanity is a dark wood and the last thing I want is shiny/chrome knobs "popping". I plan to use a dark metal (ORB works) and then carry that color up to the lighting. If you are puking at the idea, let me know. The counter top is solid white and I wanted a more contemporary design so I chose chrome. Although in my next house, wherever it is- I'm going with polished nickel and marble and a maid.
  • solincia
    hace 10 años
    I agree with Pyramid, I have satin nickel door hardware and ORB lighting, and it looks nice together. Both finishes are muted, whereas the chrome with the ORB may look a bit off.
  • fos5
    hace 10 años
    It is nice to marry your metals, don't all have to be exactly the same but if you have something different in every room with door knobs, kitchen cabinet hardware, different metals in each bathroom and kitchen taps, different metals in all light fixtures the home becomes disjointed..
  • Janet O'Meara
    hace 10 años
    The muted factor makes sense. Argh.
  • Ann
    hace 10 años
    I agree about the muted factor.
  • Janet O'Meara
    hace 10 años
    Ok, so I went to library because BOTH of my printers not working, and made individual copies of all my pinterest faucet pins and now researching which comes in chrome AND polished nickel. I held an old chrome faucet against my warm, dark brown beautiful new cabinets and the cabinets fairly screamed at me.
  • georges428
    hace 5 años
    I have a mixing of metal question for our professionals. I am choosing the faucet, hardware and lighting in my second bathroom. I would like to use glass knob hardware with chrome faucet. I’m not sure about the light fixture though. Should I be safe and use black or can I use a type of brass light fixture? The cabinet is a very subtle off white.
    Thanks for any assistance.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.