Houzz Logo Print
culbreeze

Furniture placement CHALLENGE (or nightmare!) ;)

culbreeze
hace 10 años
I would SO very much appreciate ANY suggestions for a rearrange/remodel coming up. We have a 60 year old split level (translation: small, awkward) that I have been absolutely UNABLE to configure. It's sort of an 'L' shaped main level (walk in front door to living room/dining area). We are planning to start fresh after 15 years, planning a rustic/woodsy + traditional look? My goals are to 1) create a sitting area for at least 4 people and allow them to socialize and 2) be able to view the TV over the fireplace and 3) still walk comfortably through to the dining room area (it's all one space). I CAN NOT thank you enough for your help! I truly appreciate your creative ideas!!

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    Before and After Interiors by Kathy
    hace 10 años
    Are there walls between the kitchen and living room or will it all be open?
  • culbreeze
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    There are walls now, but when we remodel, we will make them 1/2 walls and they'll be part of the kitchen (counters, island - the kitchen is also very small). It will look larger, but I'm still stuck on seating in the living room. I can't get past the sofa/love seat arrangement, and I'd like something that allows more conversation face to face and still let's you see the tv.
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    hace 10 años
    The room is too narrow to have an U-shaped arranged and being able to watch TV all at the same time.
  • shamo1
    hace 10 años
    Seating for four with easy conversation can be done with a curved sofa that fits into the space where your sofa and love seat are now. Put a heavy round table in the middle that you can put a large comfortable cushion on for watching television. Hope this helps.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    I agree a sectional might be best. If it's not too narrow can you turn it this way and add a nice swivel rocker. I found this picture on house.
    Lincoln Park Row Home · Más información
  • PRO
    Carmel Decor
    hace 10 años
    Place the sofa where the love seat is now and replace the love seat with a couple of side chairs. Need a larger rug, and maybe a couple of small ottomans across from the sofa. I would think twice about opening the kitchen into the living room. Hope this helps.
  • culbreeze
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Before and After Interiors by Kathy: I really like that sectional, thanks! I'm afraid of overwhelming my space, but am also afraid if I do a small sectional that it will look awkward. Do you have any advice for figuring out size? And would you put the sectional ON a larger rug or put the rug in front of it?
  • PRO
    Mean Design
    hace 10 años
    Dimensions would help.
  • PRO
    hace 10 años
    To see how much space a sectional would take move the sofa and loveseat to the other side of the room to see if It would even work. 3 feet of space is all you need for a pathway to the dining room. When you try this see if a chair would fit in the room too. You need a larger rug for sure. The one under the coffee table looks teeny tiny. If a sectional would work a nice sofa table with lamps against the wall behind it would be nice. I also agree with the above comment of getting a round coffee table.
  • culbreeze
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    (The living area is, roughly 16x12, and the dining area is 13x9)
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.