Houzz Logo Print
geppettosmith

how to refinish kitchen cabinets

geppettosmith
hace 10 años
We want to paint our kitchen cabinets which now have a very worn dark stain finish. We heard that there were kits available to do this.

Comentarios (7)

• motownmom
    hace 10 años
    They are made by Rustoleum. Google it. Good luck & enjoy the process!
    geppettosmith agradeció a motownmom
  • Emily H
    hace 10 años
    Don't forget to share a before and after photo!
    geppettosmith agradeció a Emily H
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    I am in these trenches with you! Getting ready to do mine.

Besides the Rustoleum kit, which I have heard good things about, check out Nu Hance. This is a process done in one day to bring life back to our old cabinets.

They are coming in a couple of weeks to do a couple of vanities in the bathroom that have water damage to the front. On those I am doing a barely darker stain. Those will be $400.

They gave me a quote for my kitchen to go much darker and richer for $2300.
  • PRO
    KILZ Brands
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Please be advised that in regards to primer consistency, primers don't have to be opaque to do it's job. It's very common for people to look for a 'blanket of white' primer coating, but it's not specifically relevant. It's one of the most common misunderstandings. The dark stain finish might not be completely covered with your primer coats so we recommend you topcoat with your desired paint. A primer can block colors or stains from bleeding through, but it doesn't have it hide at all.
  • geppettosmith
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks for all the helpful comments and the detailed step by step from Edmond Kitchen & Bath. They are pretty much in line with what we have been told by Guiry's which is a local Designer & Paint store in the Denver area. They have been around for a hundred years or so and carry Benjamin Moore Paints. I'll let you know how we do.
    George
  • Belinda Jo
    hace 10 años
    I did this with the BM Impervo as well and had no regrets! I am in complete agreement with the steps posted above. Well worth it and it saves a bundle from the kits!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.