Houzz Logo Print
marc_reitano

Need help for School Project!

Marc Reitano
hace 10 años
última modificación:hace 10 años
I am currently in year 12 and studying Design and Technology. As my major project, I am making a Coffee Table. There is some quick CAD sketches i drew of my idea, however my design needs to be innovative and have new functions. I am in seek of some new ideas which i could incorporate into the table, such as wireless charging etc... Throw me some crazy ideas!! Thank you! :)

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 10 años
    What about a coffee/table

What about an inside-hinged door on the top. Inside the door is a wireless charging pad and a place to store electronics such as phone and iPad. When opened, the hinged door also serves as a stand for an ipad.

Storage for remote controls would be nice.
  • Marc Reitano
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    That is a good idea! I will look into it and try and come up with something. Just finding a decent size charging pad is hard, however I like your ides and will try and incorporate them.
    Thank you @cdrdesign
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    hace 10 años
    I hope you receive more ideas, Marc. I am not really tech savvy. Have you considered collaborating with some of your tech friends? I'll bet they could come up with some really good ideas.

What I am sort of envisioning is the look of a coffee table. You open up the hinged,large top and inside is a tech world.

Another idea (don't think you could do both) is a gamer coffee table. Inside is small monitor, xbox and components.

Another idea----a lot of physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists are utilizing nintendo wii as therapy for heal patients. You could come up with a mobile wii station. Get with some of your medical friends and come up with something like this. Unique: no one esle will be doing this, I'll bet.
  • Marc Reitano
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Chris!! How did you come up with such an idea? It is a bit wild and innovative and im still trying to visualize the whole concept, but i think it may be possible. Thank you !!
  • PRO
    Greenstar Technologies
    hace 9 años
    Hi Chris, ipad dock have a look at this
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.