Houzz Logo Print
jlv_1961

Should we put a pool table in the living room or leave it alone

J LW
hace 10 años
Ok here we are, we both love pool and we are trying to decide if we should put a pool table in the living room (that we don't use) as this is the only room it will fit. I love our cocktail table and end tables and don't want to sell them. I can move the sofa in another room but not the tables. I have tables in my den that have drawer storage etc so they are functional so to trade one for the other it probably won't happen. All of the pool halls are at least 40 minutes from us and expensive. So how can we make this room beautiful with a pool table being it will be the center of attention when walking in the front door? The room is 15.3x16.2 that's including the entertainment center that also has to stay I refuse to sell it . the space needed is 13 x 16.5. Please help!!

Comentarios (11)

• Deborah Jarman
    hace 10 años
    Depending on the pool table, it could be beautiful. I'm thinking carved dark wood with burgundy felt. A great long chandelier over the pool table and a rich wall color that coordinates with the surrounding rooms. Keep the end tables and add a couple of comfortable club chairs for seating. Use vintage/antique game boards on the walls as art. If you don't use it as a living room, repurpose it into a room that you will enjoy. Have fun!
  • Deborah Jarman
    hace 10 años
    Check out this room on Houzz. I think it is stunning!
  • PRO
    Stanton Designs-online design services
    hace 10 años
    If you love pool do it. Try not to think of a typical pool hall when designing this room. If done properly it will fit perfectly into your space and not be the main eye grabber.
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    hace 10 años
    Yes, if you love pool than by all means use the space for a pool table!

However, I agree with Darzy & Stanton, don't do a typical pool hall theme. You can find other beautiful examples in this search -- http://www.houzz.com/%22pool-table%22

~Lyvonne
    J LW agradeció a essentials inside
  • PRO
    McClure Tables
    hace 10 años
    We say go for the pool table! Looks like the perfect space for it!
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 10 años
    You live here, so live the way you want! Maybe more seating could spill over to the sunroom and the pool table would have room to take center stage and be less than conventional.
    Carriage House · Más información

Nobscot Road · Más información

Chappaqua, NY Residence · Más información

Sea Island Home · Más información
  • pcmom1
    hace 10 años
    Good for you! Nothing is a bigger waste of space than a living room that isn't lived in!

Do the pool table and add a tall pub table with a couple of chairs to the corner. Dress the walls with a warm textured wall paper, pool cue rack, etc.
  • PRO
    Fresh Eyes For Your Home
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I'm totally on board with a pool table in the living room, if you don't use the room for other purposes and you belong to a pool playing crowd. However, you still need to add seating-a sofa, or love seat and chairs, for conversation and warmth. Re-felting the table to coordinate with other colors that you love is a great idea as well. Take out the ceiling fan and introduce sconces and a great chandelier on a dimmer and you are set to go!
  • kellyzdesigning
    hace 9 años
    If the pool table is going to block that beautiful view...I say make the drive. I have a pool table in the room next to the front door, we played pool for the first year. Then it just became a place to fold laundry. If you really want to get one, make the room feel like a den/study.
  • maureen214
    hace 7 años

love the regal poodle

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.