Houzz Logo Print
blacklabs56

new..front

blacklabs56
hace 10 años
Any..idea..on..what..to..do..with..ranch..to..make..nicer.
I..did..find..one..idea..attached.

Comentarios (35)

• Emily H
    hace 10 años
    Love the inspiration photo too! You could definitely paint in similar colors, which would make a big difference, then the portico in your example would be gorgeous on your house.
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Emily H
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    What do you think if I left the color but change the shutters and painted a gray color.
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Also would add the triple huge window and removethe bushes.
  • PRO
    Zone 4 Architects, LLC
    hace 10 años
    Would first suggest trimming down the junipers and dressing up the landscaping with some color and scale changes. I think that gray would make the facade look muddy. If you want to do a color change, I would go black and paint everything that isn't brick so that it is the same. It the white on the roof metal flashing that is overexposed in the picture, or is that also painted white?
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Zone 4 Architects, LLC
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    All the bushes would go and would add all new landscaping. I thought of black. also,I was trying to think of something else. Yes that's flashing with black/dark grey shingles.
  • PRO
    Elza B. Design, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    I agree that trimming down the junipers or even replacing with some interesting variety of bushes would add a lot to the facade. You could do hydrangeas, sweetspire and spirea for instance. The portico is a lovely idea and would bring the eye up. Changing the front door and using color would liven the facade. I love to recommend nature derived colors for facades and doors : greys, slate blues, or toned down historical color greens with beige. I love the Benjamin Moore historical colors for outdoor details.
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Elza B. Design, Inc.
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Some more pictures.
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    What would you suggest for front door or just change the storm door
  • PRO
    Keller Williams Heritage
    hace 10 años
    Black shutters, leave brick color "as is," completely redo the landscaping and add planter boxes below the front windows.
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Keller Williams Heritage
  • PRO
    Zone 4 Architects, LLC
    hace 10 años
    Maybe the shutters could just go to a different color since you have a lot of other accent elements which are white, and presumably will stay white. Frankly, I think that the landscaping will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Right now, you have a very classic looking building. For bigger money, you might want to consider a dormer over the entry if the expanded porch doesn't fit. Not having a storm door would look better, assuming you can get rid of it without losing some important functionality.
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Zone 4 Architects, LLC
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Louver or raised panel shutters
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I was thinking of.dormers.on the front.It has a unfinished 2nd floor.Would a full view black storm work.
  • PRO
    Zone 4 Architects, LLC
    hace 10 años
    Black would certainly help to make the storm go away
  • PRO
    Elza B. Design, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    I don't like the idea of black at all for this setting, too somber. Look at these images for color inspiration: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/250372060507455825/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/250372060507489149/ or http://www.pinterest.com/pin/250372060507489126/ Good luck!
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Elza B. Design, Inc.
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    like..this..
    Curb Appeal · Más información
  • kccasebolt
    hace 10 años
    I love the inspiration photo. I think black shutters would make the brick stand out. Maybe a yellow front door? I'd do a color that pops on the front door!
    blacklabs56 agradeció a kccasebolt
  • Scott Skinner
    hace 10 años
    Be sure to check your setback requirements. It looks very close to the right-of-way. A dormer, even if it's practically flush with the front wall would be a great addition to frame the entrance, but the biggest bang for your buck would be updating the landscaping as mentioned above.

I really like the double pillars on each side with the stone base, but the stone will clash with the brick unless you paint the brick. Pillars to the porch floor would work as well.
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    If all goes well and I purchase all bushes will go, they are 15ft out from the front. That will make a enormous difference.
  • PRO
    Annalise Bubes
    hace 10 años
    The brick on your house is very pretty! What about adding a white portico, leaving the brick, and painting your door black as well as your shutters?
    Authentic Colonial Transformation · Más información
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Annalise Bubes
  • kellyslobodian
    hace 10 años
    Blacklabss,aannilesegreat ideas portico!I too am considering brick fifties house,black iron rails front stairs...gota go thinking portico remove storm door love your idea.Love curb appeal house,hope lady with gray house update sees craftsman style.
  • kellykm123
    hace 10 años
    I have s similar house. My late husband insisted on metal roof. We put on a med. grey roof and added grey shutters. We cut the bushes down low, added window white window boxes (the trim is white) and painted the front door a soft but bright yellow. I keep white and yellow flowers planted in the window boxes. I put the ceramic pots on each side with the largest on the stoop, med. 1 step down and smallest 1 more step down. I keep yellow flowers planted in the bottom four and I have tall cedars in the large pots on the stoop. I have gotten many compliments on my house and the cost was not very much. Good luck!
    blacklabs56 agradeció a kellykm123
  • kellyslobodian
    hace 10 años
    Yellow wonderful color with gray,flowers and white trim.Would love it.
  • kellyslobodian
    hace 10 años
    Junipers are tuff,to cut low you expose woody core,gray shutters or charcoal or lack,punchy door needed,deep green/black,or yellow as said .it is the storm door first,door color might be fine but a little too much white with trimetc,Do think portico looks great.Likethelook of yourbrick and house,considering similar vintage.
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    This is my current home and the gray I was thinking of for the shutters but unsure.My shutters are navy but would not work with the brick.
  • brickln
    hace 10 años
    To me, black is just classic and will go well with the brick. If you want color, there are shades of green that could work. If the entrance is recessed, I think you could do away with the storm and create a beautiful paneled entrance there.
    blacklabs56 agradeció a brickln
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    yes-it's.recessed.
  • PRO
    Timberlane Shutters
    hace 10 años
    We vote for Board and Batten style shutters, properly sized for your windows, with hardware to enhance the curb appeal of your home! Black is a classic color, but charcoal gray is becoming extremely popular for shutters
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Timberlane Shutters
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Timberlane,Board and Batten style shutter the closed style.

http://exteriorsolutions.com/c-3-vinyl-board-n-batten-shutters.aspx
  • PRO
    Timberlane Shutters
    hace 10 años
    We would recommend our Board and Battens, of course! We have 4 different styles. Check them out here: http://www.timberlane.com/resource-center/ordering-support-mat/types-styles-shutters/board-batten/
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Timberlane Shutters
  • PRO
    Shoreline Renovations
    hace 10 años

the addition of a Portico will add curb appeal to your home
    blacklabs56 agradeció a Shoreline Renovations
  • myriverview
    hace 10 años
    The picture you attached would be perfect for your place! I've painted exterior brick and it works great and can make a huge difference, but I don't necessarily think you need to paint the red - unless you just aren't in love with red brick. Black shutters would make more of a statement than the white so that's the first thing I'd change - and they are relatively inexpensive too. Leave the windows trimmed out in white. Removing the one sided railing would really help and I love your portico idea. Finish off with your favorite color for the front door to compliment the brick. Lots of yard work and hedge trimming will make a huge difference to the looks of your place. Good luck
    blacklabs56 agradeció a myriverview
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    hace 10 años
    How much money are you looking to spend?
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    hace 10 años
    Would your triple window go on the left side if you are facing the house? I really like the portico idea with window. Boxes, black shutters and a fun pop of color like yellow for the front door. I like your brick and would keep it natural - so much easier to maintain and a lovely classic look.

What zone are you in for plants? I agree that landscaping will give you the. Biggest bang for your buck.
    blacklabs56 agradeció a saratogaswizzlestick
  • blacklabs56
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    This house deal fell through. I have purchased another and would help with it. The link is below.TY

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/need-help-with-front-porch-dsvw-vd~754943
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.