Houzz Logo Print
kmmord

Need Help with Master Bath light fixtures

kmmord
hace 10 años
I just added a gorgeous Robert Abbey Bling chandelier to my master bath. Now the light fixtures over the vanities look old and dated. Any suggestions on new lighting over the vanities?

Comentarios (14)

• PRO
    Whispar Design
    hace 10 años
    What is the metal finish on the new chandelier? Are you wanting to follow the same crystal theme with the vanity lights?
  • kmmord
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    The Robery Abbey Bling fixture is in a Deep Patina Bronze. I don't necessary need to follow the crystal theme for the vanity lights as I don't want to take away from the chandelier. I've attached an up close view of the chandelier since it's hard to see the detail while lit.
  • Debp
    hace 10 años
    I see a simple shape for the lights so they don't look so busy.
    kmmord agradeció a Debp
  • PRO
    Rose Aten Design LLC
    hace 10 años
    To increase the height of the vanity area, add cabinet molding around mirror, a wide solid stock to mount the light fixtures.
  • kmmord
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Rose Aten Design- Please elaborate on this idea. I don't quite understand. Thanks!
  • kmmord
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I would love to take down the large plate mirrors and move the light fixtures to sconces on the side vs. above the mirrors. I'm afraid if I do that, the whole project will get out of hand. I'm not too fond of the vanities but I just moved into the house and am trying to decide what projects I can't live without.
  • PRO
    Whispar Design
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I was actually going to suggest that kmmord - but, like you, didn't know how much you wanted to tackle. Individual mirrors flanked with sconces would look stunning - but yes it is a bit of work. These fixtures are interesting having both the frosted glass light and also individual down-lights. They come in 1,2,3 and 4 light configurations.
    kmmord agradeció a Whispar Design
  • kmmord
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I really like those Whispar Designs. Who makes
    them?
  • PRO
    Whispar Design
    hace 10 años
    The are made by Elk - Here is a link with the series:
    Wall Lights + Sconces · Más información
    kmmord agradeció a Whispar Design
  • kmmord
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Just called to get an estimate on having the mirrors removed. I can have the electrician move the light fixtures to sconces on the side. As long as I'm doing that, I think I might as well change the vanities. Since I'm going to change the vanity, I might as well change the travertine to the marble that I like. I can make the room go better with the grey colors that I like.... I guess I know the next big project!
  • PRO
    Rose Aten Design LLC
    hace 10 años
    Review web site for this type of detail.
  • PRO
    Keller Williams Heritage
    hace 10 años
    Definitely recommend something streamlined and crystal. The focus is the big chandelier, so maybe a crystal accent light on each side of the tops of the mirrors.
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    hace 10 años
    I would definitely change out the lighting over the vanities... and, maybe paint those vanities and change out hardware. I like the bling chandelier!
    kmmord agradeció a Sustainable Dwellings
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.