Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

Industrial vs. Traditional - Bathrooms

Houzz Polls
hace 10 años
Which do you prefer? Industrial bathrooms or Traditional bathrooms?

VOTE for your choice and tell us about it in the comments!

Comentarios (26)

• Blair Durham
    hace 10 años
    I like the charm and elegance of the traditional look.
  • Nicole Lee
    hace 10 años
    the traditional look is just so timeless.

the industrial looks great too depending on the decor of the home and the location.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 10 años
    I just like the clean lines of the industrial bath.
  • Lori
    hace 10 años
    I think the traditional look is warmer/cozier and probably more relaxing for a bath. The industrial look is a little colder.
  • Colin Jacobs
    hace 10 años
    I really like the raw brick in the industrial look but traditional is much warmer and comfortable.
  • lfradley
    hace 10 años
    I vote industrial but with a floor like the traditional and a warm color on walls. I love the brick work. and not crazy about curved ceiling.
  • Emily H
    hace 10 años
    I really like the simplicity of the industrial space.
  • PRO
    EcoHaven
    hace 10 años
    As a hardcore modernist, I have to cast my vote for the industrial bath. BUT, I can see where that particular traditional bathroom would feel cozy, warm and elegant.
  • feeny
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I am a complete sucker for industrial designs, and if my house weren't a traditional historic style, I'd embrace industrial design throughout.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 10 años
    Both bathrooms are beautiful!
  • parksb
    hace 10 años
    I prefer industrial. However, I do not think the foto is the best example. The use of the claw-footed tub, the choice of fixtures and in particular the rounded knobs on the wall-mounted hardware all belie the notion that this is industrial. I don't like the inconsistencies of this design. In that regard, the traditional br pictured looks more comfortable and relaxing because the style of all of the elements is consistent. I really hate those valances, though.
  • S. Thomas Kutch
    hace 10 años
    I think it depends on your lifestyle. Personally, I would prefer a marriage of the two with the best of each..............
  • rosecafe
    hace 10 años
    Taking a bath is not an industrial task, it's supposed be nurturing, relaxing. Accordingly, a traditional style of bathroom works best with this notion. Wouldn't you just hate your hot body bumping into those cold stainless steel and brick walls when you climbed outta the industrial style bath! It's a no brainer. Industrial baths are for acid and chromium. I.M.O.
  • rosecafe
    hace 10 años
    On a similar subject, and in support of the industrial 'movement' please excuse the pun.... here's an artistic approach to the mens room from the late, Dr Hundertwasser, artist and architect extraordinaire. This public ablutions block artistry is in the quaint town of Kawakawa, in N.Z. ( the railway line still runs right up the main street of town, so there's not been a whole lot of industry .... Or movement : )
  • Roo Eport
    hace 10 años
    I wasn't crazy about either colour scheme here however if I were buying the house with either of these bathrooms in it would definitely be the one on the right. Gold/Yellow colour scheme and the bath not in front of window. Nice.
  • sluggodog
    hace 10 años
    My vote would be the industrial -- but wonder why it's not at least done up with towels and artwork.. slightly unfair pictures to choose from. One room is completed, the other is not.
  • Stacie Neall
    hace 10 años
    the warmth of tradition- but do appreciate industrial design.
  • cajunloser
    hace 10 años
    Traditional is like comfort food...it wraps you in the warmth of the familiar.
  • PRO
    Dawen Huang Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    If these 2 spaces were not done by the same designer, then this won't be a fair comparison.
  • crchappell
    hace 10 años
    The choice doesn't seem to be either/or to me. The thing about the current industrial trend is that all of that brickwork, iron pipefittings, exposed beams, and factory carts recall the industrial revolution, which occurred 150 years ago. So industrial doesn't necessarily mean not traditional. But it does evoke the factory setting, which I suppose is non-traditional for a residence. They are both beautiful. The only thing that makes this particular "industrial" example industrial is the exposed brick. All the rest of the elements are traditional (clawfoot tub, arched window, towel bars). I prefer the industrial example here, but I don't think there is a huge difference in these two options.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Of the two I prefer the traditional, one reason being the industrial looks unfinished as others have noted. The industrial also presents conflicting elements of design.
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    hace 10 años
    A brick wall doesn't make a bathroom industrial.... had they used a concrete tub with modern finishes they could have had their "industrial" bath.
  • Karen Vanelli
    hace 10 años
    Traditional!!!
  • PRO
    FINNE Architects
    hace 10 años
    This comparison seems skewed toward traditional. The fun opportunity with industrial would be to contrast warm materials against more industrial pieces......and I don't see that idea in your example!
  • PRO
    Chic Watts
    hace 9 años

For a sophisticated loft, industrial minimalist works so well

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.