Houzz Logo Print
rokim5763

Fireplace stay or go?

rokim5763
hace 10 años
Wood burning fireplace eats in to the family room about 3' x 6' not flush against the wall. I love a fireplace, but love my leather sectional. It does fit but, not too much room around it.

Comentarios (13)

• Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Go smaller coffee table or a round ottoman instead. Remove clutter on floor by side of firepl. But don't remove firepl. Never a good idea.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 10 años
    Leave it for sure. Consider custom built ins or window seats on either side below the windows (can't tell what's in the rest of the room, but looks like it would fit).
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Remove every thing in front of firepl replace screen with all black no brass. On mantel 3 wood and candlesticks on one end only. Ceiling fan is dated get a more modern one with lights built in to fan.
  • PRO
    LM Designers
    hace 10 años
    Looks nice and cozy, keep the fireplace. Is it covered in tile? I would make the sides match and make the mantle wood though. Some stacked stone tiles would look really nice and add texture and depth. You can install right over tile, they come on 12 X 12 netted sheets.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Add woven shades to windows take all clutter off window ledge.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    I like the idea of stack stone on face of firepl. Play it up. It's a focal point.
  • Geneviève
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    The fireplace is fine , everything else is too much.
    Sandpoint Traditional · Más información
  • colonialgp
    hace 10 años
    Like the paint color in the room and the fact you have tons of light. The fireplace is essential. Remove the tile from the fireplace and paint the plaster underneath to match the room. Furniture is too large for the room, so downsize a bit. Can you move the sofa back at all? Remove half the pillows and declutter the room especially from the hearth. Add built in seats under both windows to give you storage and put cushions on top. Remove the fan, or update if you really need it. Remove the light that shines on the fireplace. Woven blinds also a good idea.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    hace 10 años
    Love the window seat idea. You can always use storage.
  • rokim5763
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Not my clutter or furniture. I'll add a better picture. It's all empty now and I'm installing hardwood floors.
  • PRO
    LM Designers
    hace 10 años
    What a beautiful room with lots of natural light. The hardwood floors will be great. Please send a after picture.
  • njmomma777
    hace 10 años
    Leave the fireplace, they add a wonderful cozy addition to any room!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.