Houzz Logo Print
jennawald

Major layout problem! windows windows windows

Jenna Miller
hace 10 años
Hi everyone, we are in the process of buying our first house. We fell in love with this home, and are concerned about the layout of the living room. We are a corner unit, and have a sliding door on one wall, and a big window on the other wall! The kitchen is open, and the only other open wall is cut in half/slanted due to the stairs. Any ideas on where a regular couch (similar to theirs) and 55 inch tv would go would be SO helpful, we cant fathom what to do. Is the solution an "L" shaped couch? A mounted tv? We have no clue!

Comentarios (10)

• mgsrcs
    hace 10 años
    Nice house. Try the couch floating opposite where you have it now. Be sure to leave room to walk by it. Basically, you don't want furniture pushed against walls or covering windows.
    Jenna Miller agradeció a mgsrcs
  • Jenna Miller
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks @mgsrcs-- but where would tv go?
  • linlac
    hace 10 años
    Is there enough room to put it in the corner between the two windows. I have mine like that in a room full of windows. It sits out a little and blocks a small amount of the window frame.
  • PRO
    Maguire
    hace 10 años
    Need a picture from the back of the sofa facing the opposite wall. I think the TV should float with the back to the kitchen area. I agree with mgsrcs that furniture should not be pushed up against the walls and especially the windows.
  • Jenna Miller
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    We have to check the size of the space between windows, but maybe. that seems like our only option to avoid the tv floating in the middle of the room
  • linlac
    hace 10 años
    A couple of ideas.
  • PRO
    Maguire
    hace 10 años
    Thanks for taking the great picture. I see your dilemma clearly now. Hummm....
  • motownmom
    hace 10 años
    I would put the tv either in the corner where the picture with the "M" is, or in the corner between the windows as was recommended. Depending in where you put the tv, you can put the sofa floating opposite where it is now, or near the wall with the short window.
  • linlac
    hace 10 años
    Does the slider door open by the kitchen or by the other window?
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.