Houzz Logo Print
lcerveny

Need ideas for the bathroom/floor & empty wall.

decorcrazy
hace 10 años
I cannot seem to find the right picture for this bathroom wall. I want to put in new flooring.........should I go white tiles for the floor?

Comentarios (461)

• Carolina
    hace 10 años
    What a change! It looks fresh and modern now. Lovely!
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 10 años
    Great job! Looks great too!
  • lucindalane
    hace 10 años
    It's really coming together. I think that the tile, the dark cabinet, the wall paint, and the artwork look great together. Once you paint the trim, all you'll need are the accessories to put the finishing touches to the space.
  • bubbasgma
    hace 10 años
    The "pro" should read a whole thread before posting a "travertine" sales pitch.
  • fashion48
    hace 10 años
    I dont think you should add white, because if you do, then it will camouflage with your sink, toilet, and carpet, i honestly think your bathroom is perfect
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Next the vanity. Not sure how dark to go? Suggestions?
  • mefor
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    Are you using the gel stain I talked about before? Or are you stripping, sanding restaining? Or are you painting?
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I would go black vanity and mirror frame, if painting.
    I would go deep expresso brown if staining ;)
  • mefor
    hace 10 años
    I agree Margo :)
    If the black is too dark for you, decorcrazy, you could also do a really deep charcoal, just a bit less stark. :)
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 10 años
    For vanity, I think I would paint gray from the wall palette, just a couple of shades lighter than the wall.
  • PRO
    Lion Windows and Doors
    hace 10 años
    Some orange picture will look nice
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Hummmm...now im really confused. I plan on painting.
  • karemore55
    hace 10 años
    Hi Decorcrazy, I'm not sure I agree with painting your vanity black. I am leaning more toward sanding and staining in the espresso rub, which I think will be warmer. I'm having trouble finding Valspar paint chips on the internet - the best I can do is a match of the Vessel Gray you used on your walls on the MyPerfectColor site.

Do you have any paint chips,showing the gradiation of co,ors - to whatever color is two shades lighter than the Vessel Gray? I think LB touched on this in an earlier comment - to go,up and down the color strip and work in the different tones of the color.

I still kinda lean toward espresso stain on the vanity, and maybe a beveled mirror, then ORB for the light fixture(s) to tie in with the faucet.

I did find you a cool shower curtain though - C&B:
  • karemore55
    hace 10 años
    Couldn't resist - a little mock-up:
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I still am so confused regarding the painting of the vanity?? ugh
  • mefor
    hace 10 años
    Decor, don't stress, paint is easily painted over. I think that the bathroom needs a bit of contrast. A black, charcoal or espresso color paint would be really nice and let all the new surfaces in the bathroom really stand out beautifully.
    Some great colors from Sherwin Williams are
    SW Tricorn black for a black
    SW black bean for an espresso
    SW grays harbor for a deep gray
  • mefor
    hace 10 años
    This is what they look like :)
  • mefor
    hace 10 años
    This is a rough idea of what the colors would look like. Remember, it will look a million times better in person. This wasn't the best photo to work with :)
  • User
    hace 10 años
    I think with the ORB faucets I would go with the Expresso;))
  • jacey22
    hace 10 años
    Black, especially with the grey on the walls! Black is classy and looks good in any room. You've done a beautiful job!
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    mforr what was the first color example? I like the first two.
  • mefor
    hace 10 años
    First is SW Tricorn Black, the second is SW Black Bean :)
  • decorcrazy
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Ok Houzzer's I have been away for awhile but I am back and ready to move forward with the vanity. I have narrowed it down to 4 paint choices. It is Valspar paint. (Lowe's) 1) Volcantic Ash 2) Lincoln Cottage black 3) Chimney Smoke 4) Dark Kettle Black. I am leading towards the Chimney Smoke. Thoughts? I wasn't sure how to attach the colors on this website.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 10 años
    I don't know what those colors look like : ) but I would use a paler gray than the wall color. With enough contrast with vanity top. Since the vanity is so close to the door and entry way into the room, I would not want to feel like it is blocking the path and jumping out at me. A dark color will feel more crowded.
  • alwaysdesigning
    hace 9 años
    Última modificación: hace 9 años
    Our bathroom is a color I really like Sherwin-Williams Sensitive Tint, a greyed lavender. You could go lighter than this. We have it all trimmed in white, with dark grey linen texture plank tiles, a Calacatta honed marble vanity top, all trim and Shaker style vanity in S-W Dover White, and satin nickle fixtures. The shower curtain is actually grommeted drapery panels in silver with grey pattern, and I sewed a shower curtain liner on back. I have artwork in silver frames on one wall, and another trimmed in a gold above the towels. I like mixing frames rather than being matchy.
  • hayleydaniels
    hace 9 años
    This is from 2013. In case you don't know, Houzz has a key word generator that pulls up related old posts based on key words in the title, and displays them to the right of the page. If you read them, check the date as most of them are very old, and have been dead for months.
  • User
    hace 9 años

What happened here? What color vanity ?

• bubbasgma
    hace 9 años

Oh, jeez.... you gonna make this another totally unproductive day for me, for sure. ;)))

Ping. Ping. Ping.

• User
    hace 9 años

FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bubbasgma
    hace 9 años

I'm tryinggggggggg!

Ping. Ping. Ping.

• karemore55
    hace 9 años
    I see you've switched to your Easter bonnet, Margo...dressing seasonally, are you?
  • karemore55
    hace 9 años
    Bubbas, it's Saturday. Still winter. What's to focus on?
  • bubbasgma
    hace 9 años

Kare! So far... absolutely NOTHING! Oh wait... I did eat lunch. Maybe I should let the dog out?

• karemore55
    hace 9 años
    The dog will let you know when it wants out lol. So.......is this Margo playing knock-a-door-ginger? Pings everyone, then runs away??
  • bubbasgma
    hace 9 años

I kinda think so, ya. She did a bunch of early morning ding-dong-ditching, she may be napping now and planning out her next wave of knocking.

• karemore55
    hace 9 años
    We did have a full moon the other night.....maybe that explains things?
  • bubbasgma
    hace 9 años

Ahhhhh. Yep, that could sure explain things!

• karemore55
    hace 9 años
    If her next post is a howl, we'll know for sure!
  • bubbasgma
    hace 9 años

Mr. Mooz always made us HOWL.... I left a note for her (somewhere) that she should consider a new "Mr Mooz does Easter". I told her you would come visit. I think she's ignoring me...

• karemore55
    hace 9 años
    Spring....mating season.....maybe a Moozz version of The Bachelor?
  • bubbasgma
    hace 9 años

Hmmm? There ya go!

• User
    hace 9 años

I have been hanging light fixtures all day..... they were missing parts grrrrrr...... Karemore, bubbas, LB, Whooo hOOOOOOO. Do you think decorcrazy is around the Houzz?

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 9 años

'I'M' not around Houzz much.... so don't know :)

• karemore55
    hace 9 años
    Same for me, LB. I guess none of us is in the loop anymore.....if there have been any other dilemmas by Decorcrazy, I wouldn't know either.

Decorcrazy, come out and give us a wave - we will behave, I promise! Well, can't speak for Margo.....:))
  • User
    hace 9 años

Well, I can not promise I will behave but I have put away the anger that has reared it's ugly head.

• karemore55
    hace 9 años
    Do you recall if anyone had a back door dilemma? I feel like we are sneaking in the back door of Houzz.....

Behaving is overrated, Margo. You've never really lived until you have misbehaved.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 9 años

Margo sure knows that one !! LOL

• bubbasgma
    hace 9 años

My lips are zipped...

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    hace 9 años

Hi there Bubba ............. so many that were always seen :(

It's like wanting to win the lottery. To win you have to participate :O

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.